Chapter 19

As soon as the bell rang I almost skipped through the hallways to meet Veronica in the parking lot. She was leaning on a red sports car, hot damn. She was talking to someone in the phone but as soon as she saw me she hanged up on it.

"Hey" She greeted me warmly.

"Hi" I replied back.

When we were already inside the car I was regretting my stupid reply earlier. I have those moments where I can think of a better reply after I've said the stupid reply. The date wasn't starting and I'm already regretting a thing I said.

"Do you want to hear some music?" She offered as her eyes never left the rode.

"Sure" I told her as she played some song on her playlist. The cover song of Can't help falling by Elvis Presley was played on the radio. I was listening to every lyrics of the song and I cannot help but relate to it. I'm emotional in the inside but I'm a bitch on the outside, I just don't like putting my guards down.

We stopped in-front of a fancy restaurant. It wasn't that luxurious but it wasn't cheap either. I felt a bit disappointed since the place looked like a normal restaurant, I was hoping for something more romantic.

I followed closely behind Veronica. We weren't asked for reservation and those fancy things in an expensive restaurant. We sat on a table and she ordered the food we agreed about.

"I know you don't like it that much but the food is great here" She assured me and I smiled lightly at her.

"I have a question" I told her.

"I know you have a lot, so you can ask anything and I'll answer them the best I can" She smiled at me, actually smiled at me.

Maybe the place doesn't matter as long as it's a date with Veronica. Shit! I sound pathetic!

"So...um, how can you afford checking in on five star hotels?" I asked her curiously.

"Well My older brother is a Ceo on a famous company and my dad is a well paid doctor while my mom is a fashion designer who is paying well, and I'm the only one with no job so they threw money at me"

"Is that a bad thing when you said 'threw money at you'. I know you didn't mean it literally"

"It's not your stereotypical rich family who doesn't spend quality time. Actually every weekend is family day."

"Oh" Was my only answered as a waitress butted in and placed our orders.

"Wow, the food is really great" I admitted honestly.

"Suit yourself" She stated me and we started digging on our food.

"How about you? tell me about your family" She told me.

"Well my parents died in a car accident when they were on a trip when I was a teenager and my Aunt Al took me in after that. I also was originally from California"

"Oh, this aunt of yours must be paying well since she can enroll you to a private school here in New York"

"She's a psychologist and she's also a psychic"

"Psychic you say"

"You don't have to believe her psychic powers, a lot of people call it a sham but I believe in it. Maybe because she's the one standing as my parent"

"Nah, I believe supernaturals. I don't see why not" She stated and I smiled at that.

"Sometimes your a complete bitch but you're also nice" answered back at her and she just smiled back at me.

"So... you're lesbian?" She asked me out of the blue and I almost choke on my food.

"No. I'm pansexual so I'm attracted to anyone" I told her.

"How about you?" I asked her back.

"I'm sex goddess I attract anyone.... If that answers your question" She replied with a sly smirk.

"Here you go again. Cocky much" I retorted at her.

"I hate you but I like you at the same time and that goes the same to your personality, I hate it but I like it because it makes you you" I admitted and she smiled warmly at me. This is already the third time she smiled at me!

"You flatter me when you confess your undying love for me. Cheesy" She teased me and I rolled my eyes at her immaturity.