Chapter 14

I woke up in a hotel room, I don't remember checking in last night. I looked around and saw no one else in the room. I was sleeping on the couch which means there's someone with me and we didn't fuck because I'm not naked and I'm sleeping in the couch.

What hotel is this? how did I get here? who brought me here?

I stood up rubbing my head gently due to my throbbing headache. I walked to the kitchen and saw no food served. I opened the refrigerator and it's also empty.

"Where's the food?" I exclaimed to myself, I know it's too much for me to ask for food when the person already gave me a place to stay but it could've been more decent if he or she gave me breakfast to cook.

Someone suddenly knocked on the door, maybe it's food service. I hope. I opened the door and saw Veronica standing before me with takeouts in her hand.

"Y-you?" I asked her. Damn myself for stuttering.

"These are Korean food" She said as she walked in and I was still frozen on the ground.

"T-thanks" I told her as I catch up with her. We sat on the table and she started eating. I didn't know I was praying 'bless us oh Lord' until Veronica looked at me with an unknown emotion in her eyes.

"Sorry, I think Kayla's starting to rub on me" I explained sheepishly when I was done praying then she chuckled.

"You're full surprises, never knew Jesus was your thing" She joked and shook her head in amusement.

"FYI I also believe in Karma" I huffed at her.

"I learn something new from you everyday" She stated and smiled.

She actually SMILED! Not smirk but SMILE!

"You're checking me out again" She said smirking cockily.

There she goes again....

"Unbelievable" I scoffed at her and finished my food.

"Once again-I know" She answered me, the smirk on her face never leaving.

Next thing I know we were already at school. I approached my locker and saw Kayla waiting beside. I ran to her because I missed this bitch.

"Where have you been? Aunt Al said that you didn't go home" Kayla said with a hint of concern in her voice.

"I was out all night" I lied and she scanned my face to identify if I was telling the truth or not.

"Why were riding with Veronica? I saw you" She stated and my eyed widen in shock. She saw it?

"I-i.....U-um.....W-we" I tried explaining without making it look like we fucked because I knew for sure Kayla will have her suspicions.

"You slept with her?" She asked me and I quickly shook my head no.

"No, we didn't. That's the thing we didn't do" I answered her.

"So you two keep going and didn't sleep at all?" She asked me nicely, if this wasn't Kayla talking it would've sounded like she was bitching about it.

"No, no fucking happened" I stated and she gave me a knowing look for cussing.

"I was drunk I saw her and she offered me a spare room and I slept in the couch then we ate breakfast together" I honestly answered her.

"Okay" She stated as if it wasn't a big deal. Well it wasn't a big deal. Why am I making it a big deal?!

"You do realise that this is the second time Veronica gave you a place to stay when you're wasted?" She asked me.

"Your point?" I asked her.

"What I'm saying is, you shouldn't hate her because she's always on the rescue when you're helpless" She stated in a 'duh' manner.

"She helped me out a lot but that doesn't mean she's nice. And just because she's nice doesn't mean she's a good person" I told her.

"Whatever floats your Boats Natalie" She stated and we walked to our first subject.

Great. History.

I sat beside Veronica but she doesn't seem to notice my presence since she's to caught up talking to Doug. I was a bit bothered that she's a guy magnet. I'm not jealous, I just don't like seeing her with a lot of guys. God I sound jealous. I feel threatened and I don't know why.

"Natalie are you okay?" Kayla snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah" I lied.

"You were narrowing your eyes and knitting your eyebrows and this is the second time you lied to me in less than 10 minutes. I don't think you're fine" She stated and she gave me a sympathetic look.

"My head is still throbbing" I lied to her.

"I didn't take any pain killers this morning" It was the truth this time.

"I have a pain killer" She said a she searched for the medicine in her bag. She fished out a tablet and handed it to me, I took it without hesitation.

"Better?" She asked and I nodded in response.

What is happening to me?