Chapter 23

"I can't believe you weren't kidding when you promised me that you'll taking me to a trip" Natalie dazed that caused me to chuckle.

"I never joke around promises" in fact I never promise anyone anything. But I didn't continue it.

My main purpose right now on dating Natalie is to get near Alexandria, she has to die before she could tell a soul. I knew she won't hesitate to reveal us because of what happened to her.

She had a boyfriend she loved dearly which turned out to be a demon but despite that she loved him and accepted him. She bare a child but the demon she once loved ran away, she never saw the father of her child ever again until one day it came back to steal his son away from Alex and she cannot fight a demon she was still a human despite her power. She wanted revenge but she never got to do it because she took her nephew in her life which happened to be Natalie.

"Veronica" Natalie snapped at me.

"You seem lost in your thoughts" her eyebrows furrowed.

"Yeah, a lot of things is coming up lately" I lied. I always lie to her, I wonder when will be the time I'll actually tell her the truth.

"Then you shouldn't have taken me to a beach trip" She said.

"It's fine my schedule wasn't that full" Actually you were part of my schedule.

"You sure? I'm not interrupting something?" She asked.

"No, it's fine" I said as I looked at her.

"Good, because I'm not sorry for ruining your schedule" She playfully stated as she roll her eyes at me.

"I don't want you to be sorry" I said with a chuckle.

We stopped at a beach resort I've been with last time with my brothers, it's been awhile. We paid a room for the day, so we'd have a place to stay by. We both changed on our bikinis since it was already sunset. I saw the way Natalie looked at me, she was practically gawking at me. 

"Take a picture it last longer." I told her which snapped her back to her senses.

"I wasn't looking." She denied and didn't even try to sound convincing.

"Okay honey, whatever floats your boat." I shook my head.

We went out of our room and took a walk on the seashore. The breeze hit so good at this time, it was relaxing and comforting. Natalie also looked like she was a having a good time. We talked a little before deciding to take a swim.

"Be careful not to drown." She snark at me.

"You're the one who should be careful." I said.

"I'm a good swimmer." She bragged a little.

"So you're not bad at everything, afterall." I sneered, which made her roll her eyes.

After we got tired swimming and mostly just bickering and fighting in the water, we decided to go to our room and take a rest. She was already asleep when I left the room, I couldn't sleep so I hit the bar. I made sure that I went back on time before she finds out I'm missing.