Its about goddamn time

It was early in the morning, y/n asked Kakashi to met her in the training ground, she really has something important to say. This may change things and may be the last time they'll ever see each other again. Y/n will cherish her last time with them.

Y/n got to the training training grounds. She saw Kakashi sitting under a tree reading that perverted novel the both of you love. Y/n couldn't help but smile. As she got closer to the man, she sat next to him and her head on his lap. She pulled his mask off, just to see Kakashi's face one last time. He looked down and smirked.

"Kakashi... I really need to tell you something..." his smiled turned into a frown. He brushed some hair off y/n's face. Y/n frowned and looked at him with sad eyes. She really doesn't want to leave him. Y/n saw up and faced him.
"Yesterday... I really wanted that to happen but... all I'm trying to say is," She looked at him then looked at the ground, "I'm going to leave the leaf village tomorrow. Pervy Gramps told me to not tell anyone, but I had to tell you! Because... because I love you!" Kakashi's eyes widen and smiled, however y/n covered her face because she was blushing like crazy. He took her hands and looked at her red face.

"I love you too... for a long time actually," he laughed nervously, "I'm glad you feel the same." He took her hands and kissed them. This made y/n feel even more terrible.

"Kakashi, I'm may never come back... I'm going to join this organization called... The akatsuki." He sighed, but still listened, "this was Jiraiya's plan, but I agreed to do this... the only people who know are... Jiraiya, Lady Tsunade, Shizune, Shikaku, certain Anbu members... like I said, I'm leaving tomorrow and I just want to hang out and enjoy each other's company today." Y/n looked at Kakashi, he looked a little sad but understood why.
"Also please take care of Naruto for me... the village too." Y/n smiled so brightly. He blushed a little and chuckled.

"I'll do my best for you!" He smiled with his teeth and eyes closed.

The two of them enjoyed each other's company. They laid in the training grounds and looked at the sky. As cheesy as it sounds, Kakashi read the novel out loud for her to hear. She slept with those words, it was so calm for her to hear his voice. Y/n slept on his lap. It was getting a little late.

Kakashi's Pov
I was getting a little sleepy as well. I made hand signs and summoned Pukkun.

"Yo." He spoke, "you finally had the balls to ask her out huh?" I laughed weakly.

"Pukkun, protect y/n as we sleep."

"What's in it for me?"

"The whole dog treats back home and some ramen tomorrow, how bout it?" He waged his tail happily.

"Yes sir." He spoke boredly. I too off my jacket and put it over y/n. It might help her get a little warm.

Y/n please be safe... i want use to be together with nothing stopping us... Y/n i love you