Chapter Seventeen: Getting Better

Me and Ginny finish our meals and go up to bed. I kiss her goodnight and we snuggle into bed together. I did miss this when I went. A lot.

Harry's P.O.V
I wake up in the morning. I instantly regret it. I go downstairs and cook everyone breakfast. I am shortly joined by Ginny. "Good morning!" she chirps. She is always too happy for this early in the morning. "It was untill I opened my eyes!" I grunt back.

I turn back to the breakfast, tears threatening to fall. I blink them back and sigh. I am about to apologise to Ginny for snapping when I feel a pair of arms snake around me, giving me a backwards hug.

Once the breakfast is done, I serve it up onto plates for everyone apart from me and Ginny. I am treating her to breakfast. It's our anniversary for one year today, and I want to show her that it has been the best year of my life. I have been planning this for months.

I put the breakfast in the oven to keep warm and write a note to the Weasleys. It read:
Dear Weasleys and future Weasley,
Me and Ginny have gone out. Be back soon. Breakfast in the oven. Love you all loads.
Love, Harry and Ginny. Xxx

Once I am satisfied with my note, I leave it on the counter and walk over to Ginny in silence. I hold out my hand and she takes it. I apperate away and we end up in the Forbidden forest much to Ginnys surprisement.

I look at her and smile. "A lot of things have happened here, Gin. A lot were good and brought our relationship together and a few were bad and pulled us away, but nothing in the world could keep me away.

The other day, with the death eaters, I was crying because I split with you. We worked through our differences and made it work. That is why I brought you here. Do you want to join me for breakfast? "

Ginny smiles at me and I can see tears rolling down her cheeks. " Harry, I don't know what to say other than I love you loads and of course I will have breakfast with you!" she squeals, throwing her arms around me.

I take her through the woods. There are pictures and flower petals everywhere that I set up. It was perfect. Eventually, we reach a picnic blanket covered in food. We sit down and tuck in.

Ginnys P.O.V
I look at Harry and smile, tears flowing out my cheeks.  " Harry, I don't know what to say other than I love you loads and of course I will have breakfast with you!" I squeal and give him a massive hug.

He is leading me through the forest and I look around. There are pictures of all our times together and there is also rose petals on the floor, in a path. This must have taken ages to plan and do. I am so grateful. I love him so much.

Eventually, we reach a picnic blanket in the woods. It is filled with all of our favourite foods, muggle and witch. There are pork pies, doritos, chocolate coated strawberries, pumpkin juice, sandwiches, chocolate frogs and much more. It looks lovely. We sit on the blanket and dig in.

Harry's P.O.V
Halfway through the breakfast I realise this is the perfect time. Ginny is facing the other way because she thought she heared a Rustle is the bushes. She did hear it. It was Draco, creating a perfect moment for me. He winks at me as he walks past.

I get onto one knee and fish around in my pocket for the box. I can't wait!! What if she says no? I swallow down my fear as Ginny turns around. "I must have imagi-" Ginny starts, before seeing me on one knee, holding the little white box. Her mouth drops open that wide she could have swallowed me.

"Ginny, I know we haven't been together that long and this may seem a bit rushed but to me it feels just right. I am in love with you and I want to start the next chapter of our lives together. So, what do you say? Will you marry me?" I ask, opening the box to reveal a massive diamond ring.

It was pure silver with a large diamond encrusted onto it. I spent a lot of money, yes, but she is worth every penny. I look to her and she is crying. All she can manage is a measly nod and a " yes Harry, of corse I will marry you!"

I slip the ring on her finger and she looks at it in awe. Her eyes almost pop out of her head. "Harry, how much did this cost? Take it back and get a different one. You shouldn't have spent that much on me!" she exclaims, shooting me an angry glare. I laugh and tell her she was worth every penny.

She sighs. I have won. I grab her hand and we apperate home. Best. Day. Ever. She said yes. My one true love said yes. I can't believe it. Ginny is going to be my wife. I had no idea of what was going to happen. This was just the beginning...

An// thankyou so much for reading. I have done a longer chapter as a thanks for 1K. I am still in shock. If you liked it please give me a vote. Any ideas would be put into the story so comment them also. I am open to more ships, apart from Hinny. They are staying together considering this is a hinny fan fiction. Thankyou all again for everything.

C xxx