Chapter Twenty-Two: Forgiveness

"He only tortured me a few times Ron. I think I know what's happened here. I think we have both had a change in hearts........"

Hermione's P.O.V
"Ron, I love you and I always will but its like a brother. I said yes because I didn't want to loose you but I don't love you. I did, as a relationship, but I think of you as a brother. You are not my true love."

As I speak, I feel my eyes glaze over. I blink and let the tears fall down my face. Ron stares at me, also crying. Then, he does something I never expected. He nodded. " I know, Hermione. I love you too but I think it fell out of relationship love. I wanted to stay with you in my life so I proposed. We can't be together any more."

Then, he kisses me. It is a kiss I never expected from him. It was saying goodbye. And it was salty. I pull away after a few seconds, not wanting to go too far. Then, I hug him and apperate away, giving him a small smile as I go.

I apperate to somewhere I never thought I would willingly go. As I approach the gates, my heart thumps as I remember what happened to me here. I feel my arm throb right where my scar is. An endless reminder of what I am, but also what he was. What my true love was. What Draco was.

I buzz the bell that's on the gate and hear a crack, meaning someone had apperated. I look through the gap in the fence and see that it was Draco.

He looks at me questionably through the fence. The hairs on my arms rise as I see his expression through the fence. What if he doesn't like me back. What will I do? I will be so embarrassed.

Draco's P.O.V
I can't get her out of my head. I seem to have bonded with her during our time in that house. I love everything about her. Her hair. Her face. Her scars. Every imperfect and out of place thing makes me love her that bit more.

I hear the doorbell echo eerily through the manor. I apperated to the front gate to see who it is. To my surprise, it is Hermione. I look at her as if to ask why she was here, and then I see it.

If I didn't see it I wouldn't have believed it. It was only slight but I could tell from the way her normally petite figure curved outwards. It was our night together in that place that did it. She was pregnant. I was going to be a father. What am I going to do.

She looks up at me and smiles. I love her neat row of freckles under her eyes, and her toothy, dimpled grin more than anything in the world. I hope our child takes after their stunning mother.

"Hermione, I was just thinking about you. About how much I love you. I can't believe you are pregnant. I would be honoured if you would stay here with me rather than going back to the Potters and Weasleys."

She accepts my offer and walks in through the door, and I can see the breath leave her mouth as she gasps. She had never seen this part of the house before. It was the part I had made for her. Just in case. Just so she was always with me.

Hermiones P.O.V
I smiled at Dracos surprise. He has figured it out.

"Hermione, I was just thinking about you. About how much I love you. I can't believe you are pregnant. I would be honoured if you would stay here with me rather than going back to the Potters and Weasleys." He said.

I accepted his offer with open arms. I don't think he knows how much I love him. How much I have always loved him. The way his sweepy fringe was pushed off his face. The colour of his eyes. His figure. Everything about him was pure perfection.

He takes my hand and leads me through the front door. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I gasped out loud. It was gorgeous. I never knew he had an eye for taste. He had clearly built it with me in mind.

It was a muggle haven. There were loads of muggle things. There was a tv,  a sofa, a poffe and loads of niggle sweets laid out on a coffee table. It was stunning.

"Thank you Draco, it's beautiful!" I exclaim, smiling at him. He takes my hand and turns me to face him.
"Hermione, I love you, and even if you didn't love me back, I needed this little piece of you here with me. I never ment to hurt you all those times in Hogwarts. I am so sorry. I love you." I look at him and he has tears in his eyes.

I walk around the rest of the house with him, looking closely at everything. "It must be so lonely here with your parents gone. Have they got in contact with you and told you what they are doing and how they are and where they went?"

Dracos P.O.V
"No, Hermione, they just left me a note saying I was a disgrace to all of them and that they would find a way to bring him back. Hermione, I'm scared. What if he comes back? Everything that you and your friends have worked so hard to put right will just be ruined again. I'm so scared."

I let the tears fall rapidly now. I am showing my weaknesses to her. This is not what I expected to happen. She runs over and hugs me tightly, making me feel safe. I never wanted to let go of her. This....... This is what I live for. I don't know what I would do without her.

She is everything to me. And I can never let her find out the truth. Ever.

An// I am so sorry that I haven't written and uploaded in ages. I have been so busy and caught up it everything. I wanted to thank you all for 3k reads and almost 4k I appreciate it so much, even in my absence. The length of my chapter doesn't even suffice it but I'm hoping to be uploading on every Thursday again. Thank you all so much

C xxx