Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Big Day Is On The Way

You have to promise not to tell anyone,  or not until after the wedding at least. I only told you because your the minister and want to make me godfather of your child. I need to tell Ginny, so please just leave it for now."

Hermiones P.O.V
I don't know what to be more surprised about, the fact that Harry told me before Ginny, or the fact he is getting married in a week! I don't know how to react. This is my brother, and he is getting death threats. He might not live to see his god daughter grow up.

"Harry, I am surprised you thought that was going to stop me making you the god father. No matter what, you have earned that title. You rushed here when opposing a death threat just to see your niece being born. There is nothing more I could ask for. Any of us could die tomorrow in a car crash, but we might not. There is always that risk, and it's one we have to take to live a happy life. We could be burdened with the fact that we might die just walking outside, but we have to get over it, push through it, ignore it. That's what I have chosen to do here.

There is no way in hell that anyone is going to kill you, even Voldemort didn't manage to kill you so I have decided that I am not letting you think your going to die, because your not. And you need to tell Ginny now, because she will feel deceived. Without being told, we can't help you."

Harrys P.O.V
I am gobsmacked. Never have I ever heared Hermione be so passionate about something like that. It has moved me. A lone tear escapes and rolls all the down my cheek, and I let it. It has made me realise, I need my family closer at this point, not further away.

" How are you still so smart, Hermione, even after having a baby. If she turns out half as good as you or Draco, she is already one of the most wonderful, kind, smart and powerful human beings in the wizarding world."

Hermiones turn to cry is now. She lets the tears fall and I conceal her in a hug, making up for lost memories of sisterhood.

Ginnys P.O.V
When Harry comes out of Hermiones room, his cheeks are flushed and his eyes are red. He has been crying. Happy tears, by the smile on his face.

He pulls me to one side as everyone else starts trailing through to see Hermione. He tells me we have to leave so we say goodbye to Hermione, Draco and the baby. We will see them later when we both make announcments.

Harry's P.O.V
I am so nervous as me and Ginny apperate home. What if she breaks up with me and I lose my soulmate. What if she doesn't want to get married. Why if she kills me first. What if she already knows?

There are so many questions swimming around in my head and when we get home I collapse to the floor, shivering and shaking. I am a mess.

Ginny helps me to my feet and walks me over to the sofa. I sit down and grab her hands, twisting around to face her. And I just burst. Tears flow down my cheeks in a flood. I tell her the story between sobs.

"For the past two weeks at work, I have been receiving death threats that are in named and there is one person that is just a date. Exactly a week from now. That is why I wanted to get married. So that you weren't left as a fiancée forever. Sorry that I didn't tell you"

Ron's P.O.V
I am at the hospital next to George. He is staring whistfully at Hermione. He still loves her. They think I don't know about the night they shared together when we were still dating. But I do. And I'm not mad, because I am with Lavender now, and we couldn't be happier.

I now think of Hermione as a sister. We grew further apart with our engagement and not closer together. I don't want to spoil things with her and Draco, they're so happy so I decided not to say anything. And I intend to keep it that way.