Chapter Thirty-Nine: Rehabilitation

We have them back. Things are going to change for the better. I just know it.

Ginny's P.O.V
Harry leaves in one direction with Hermione and I leave in the other. I have to find out what is wrong with Dean. Why is he doing this?

He is expecting me. I know because when I walk into the kitchen, he has his back turned to the door.

"Ginny!" He exclaims.

"Cut the crap, Dean! You know why I'm here. Why? Why do you keep coming after us? After me? After Har-...... OH MY GOD!"

I worked it out. I know now why he is always after us. He... he is in love with Harry.

"Okay, Ginny, I know it is wrong. But I wanted him. And I took you for a few reasons. One is because you are one of the only things he cares about enough to give himself up, and I would have told him then. I understand that he isn't gay, but I am, and I can't help who I fall in love with. Secondly, when I dated you, I realised I was gay. I think all our arguments were because I knew deep down. I knew that I wasn't meant to be with you. You had chemistry with Harry.

Seeing him happy was all that mattered to me for a while. So, when we broke up, it killed me because I knew Harry was going to shoot his shot and I couldn't bear to see him with someone other than me! It got easier over time, but never easy. That is why. That's the reason. All this is for love. Love of a guy who will never love me back."

I stand there, and I am paralysed with shock! I can't move and I have an overwhelming feeling. I don't know what it is but I feel like I can't breathe. He wants Harry. All this hell we have been put through is because he thinks he is in love with my husband.

"Dean" I manage to stutter out "you can't put us through anything else. I'm sorry, but we are going to have to give you the dementors kiss. All that you have done, to get to my husband! It's not right."

Deans P.O.V
Husband? Husband? They are married! My one love is now married to his beautiful girl who I let go because I couldn't face my feelings. And now, the guy I love is out of reach and I'm going to get the dementors kiss. I suppose I deserve my fate. I had to do it to get closure, but I did some horrible things.

I can barely live with myself as it is, so maybe I will be better off kissed! I can't live my life knowing all the terrible things I have done. How much I have affected all of these people. The mistakes I have made have all lead to this moment in my life!

I don't know where I went wrong. We were friends in school, we would always talk in the dorm rooms. I don't know why I have turned like this. I love him, but I was violent.

George's P.O.V
I send Harry and Hermione back with Fred and Draco. I have to find Ginny. Make sure she is safe. They all leave reluctantly but this is the least I can do to try and make up to them. I have done some wrong things, but I have to make them right.

Harry's threat earlier made no difference to me. I wouldn't have said anything about Hope being mine if I wasn't ready for the responsibility of being her father. I am ready to be her dad, be there for her, be there for Hermione, as a coparent and a friend, nothing more, nothing less.

I have accepted that she loves Draco and he loves her, and there is nothing I can do about that. I have to move on.

I keep trundling down the corridor and I reach a room. I walk in and Ginny is there with Dean. I fumble around in my pocket for my wand and wrap my hand around it. I am ready to hex him into oblivion.

Then I see it. Remenants of tears on his face. Ginnys empty, guilty eyes. She is giving him the kiss. She can't. He needs a second chance.

A chance of rehabilitation. A chance at love. He deserves it. After all, I got one.

An// thankyou for 42k reads, it means so much. Comment any ideas you have. Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, I will get there I promise. For now, thankyou for reading and don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed the chapter, and I took up a suggestion of not changing the P.O.V so much, so let me know what you think.

C xxx