Chapter Thirty-Eight: The Rescue Mission

What went wrong with Dean Thomas?

Ginnys P.O.V
I don't care if I have to go back. Why? Why does he keep doing this? A guy I once dated. A guy we were once friends with. Why? What is his aim?

So, lucky for us, we have deciphered all of the information.

Hermione knows that Draco is in the house, George knows that Fred is there, I know that I need to see Dean, and Harry knows where it is.

So, with Ron giving George an assuring nod, me, him, Hermione and Harry apperate away. Not the way I expected to spend my honeymoon. Although, I couldn't spend it drinking either since I'm pregnant.

We were supposed to be celebrating right now. We were meant to be happy. Normal. The death threats made us get married early! I am grateful but I am scared. Scared of death. For all of us.

Harry's P.O.V
Why does my past always come back and bite me in the ass? How come it's always me that is threatened for the whole of their life? Will things ever be normal for me? Will I always be the boy who lived? Why can't I be the normal kid who sits in the back of the classroom half listening?

Why can't I be the kid who went to school for their seventh year instead of the one who goes on a hunt for items he doesn't know exist for a guy who is dead?

I am Harry Potter. The boy who lived. I shouldn't be. I should be Harry Potter, the boy who is living.

The boy who is protecting his family. The man.

So, with fear radiating off us, we apperate. To the place. To the place I lost my wife. And almost lost myself. To the abandoned house.

Hermiones P.O.V

I have to find Draco. I have to tell him that I love him. He is my soulmate. My true love. I know I have made some mistakes, but so has he. We have both done things we aren't proud of, and it's time to put all of it behind us. No matter what, he will be Hopes father. Even if it's stepdad, he has every right to love Hope.

We need to move on in our lives and be the family we were made to be. We were put into this world as individuals, but now we are one. I can't lose him. I can't.

We go into the house and Harry has his arm wrapped protectively around Ginny and her stomach. Who knows what Dean will want in return for Draco and Fred.

But, Ginny pulls him off as soon as we get into the house.

"I need to talk to you!" She tells me. "Alone....."

So, she pulls me off to one side and I see the fear she was displaying vanish and turn into seriousness.

"Look, Hermione, I need to speak to Dean. Alone. And I don't want you to stop me. You and Harry just grab Draco and Fred and get out of here. Harry is going to put up a fight but you just grab him and go.

We can't have things go bad with Dean and then lose the guys. Please, Hermione, promise me. Promise me that you will leave straight away. No matter what? Promise!"

"Okay. I promise!"

It was a promise, though, that I didn't intend to keep. I would get Harry and the boys out, but I'm staying. We need to fight. Fight for what is right. Fight to get Dean the dementors kiss. I am minister of magic, I can make it happen.

So, I watch as Ginny tells Harry her plan and he reluctantly lets her go. He knows by now there is no point fighting her. That's when I know. He isn't leaving either.

Harry's P.O.V
I reluctantly pretend to agree with Ginnys plan. As if I am going to leave without her.

So, me and Hermione start the search for the guys. We both know that the other isn't on board with the plan but we decide to search in silence. We are twins, we are never going to let the other leave without the whole group. We keep searching every room in silence, until I can't take it anymore.

"Mione, why didn't you tell me that you slept with George. I know it's your buisness, but if you weren't happy with Ron, I thought you could have come to your best friend for advice instead of hopping on the first person who made you feel better about yourself."

I know that what I have said is harsh, but it's true. She used George as a safety blanket, a layer of protection that made her feel better about herself. She knows it, and so does George.

"I know it's wrong, Harry, but I did love Ron. I don't know what I was thinking! It's just, when I was near him, he cared for me, and I felt things that I hadn't felt in a long time. I wanted him. I realised it was wrong, but it was like Ron was poison, and George was the antidote. He made me open up my feelings again. I realise it was wrong to lead him on.

I understand that I made a mistake, but looking back, with all the stuff I got out of it, I don't regret it. I wouldn't do it again, and I know it was wrong, but without it, who knows if I would have had a baby. We got hope! I also learned that I deserved more than dead love with a man who was only just learning to love himself, let alone anyone else.

You can't know that something is a mistake unless you do it. If I didn't sleep with him, I wouldn't have known it was a mistake. I would have known that it could have been a mistake, but I never would have known.

But, if I hadn't made the mistake, my life would be different. Me and Ron would be stuck in a relationship we grew out of, knowing that we weren't in love, but not doing anything about it. Without that, I never would have gotten engaged to Draco, or forgiven him. I never would have had hope, and we would all still be in a state of depression and anxiety.

But the mistake I made helped us to realise that even though life isn't perfect, it's life. We all have a gift here, and what's the point in wasting it on something that your not happy with. If your not happy, you get up and you do something about it.

You see, we all need to make mistakes to know if it actually is a mistake, and though now it seems like a mistake, and I did regret it, in the long term, it isn't and I don't. I needed this. We all needed this. Life is going to go back to normal, and when it does, we will all do things we are t proud of, but we will come back from it because if we have survived everything we have gone through now, we can survive whatever mistakes the future throws at us."

I look at Hermione, and in this moment, I know that she is right. And that's the funny thing about love. You can do everything in your power to try and preserve it, but at the end of the day, all it takes is one mistake to watch your world come crumbling down around you.

But it also shows that once love is dead, there is no getting it back because that isn't the person you were destined to be with.

So, Ginny and my unborn baby in mind, I decide that I have to keep our love alive. That means listening when your wife tells you what to do. So, even though I don't want to, I'm gonna get the boys and I am gonna take them to safety, because trust and respect is what makes a relationship great.

That is why Draco and Hermione almost fell apart. All those secrets came out and they shouldn't have been there before. That is how me and Ginny almost broke up. Secrets are what destroys relationships. Apart from those that are already ruined. Then, secrets fix them.

After a while of searching, we finally find Fred and Draco. We unite them and I pull Fred into a comforting hug as Hermione and Draco kiss. Fred looks at me seriously and says "well that's new."

I chuckle. We have Fred back. So, is this it? Has the rescue mission been successful.

We have them back. Things are going to change for the better. I just know it.

An// thankyou so much for reading this chapter. If you liked it, leave a comment and a vote! We have reached 500 votes and 36k reads and I am so grateful to every single one of you. You make me want to continue this story. I am so sorry it has been a while since I uploaded, I just was having a bit of writers block. But I am back now and excited with some story lines planned out.

So with those in mind, I'm gonna continue to upload as frequently as possible. Thankyou for the endless support from you all and comment any ideas you have and I will consider them for my story! No ships if some couples are already together because they're staying together!

Thanks again for reading

C xxx