(18) Your Chance

(A/N: Saying thank you is not enough to express my gratitude towards you guys for supporting The Witch CEO. I will try my best not to dissapoint you.

This chapter was not edited. Forgive this commoner for her grammar and spelling errors.)

-----------------------------

"Mr. Xiu, I would like to talk to you regarding the upcoming Bidding Convention. If you could just give me a minute of your time, you would definitely not regret it."

"Oh? Then let's go inside and discuss about it."

Mr. Xiu walked back inside the hotel. FengJiu reluctantly followed. Her head turned towards where the man went awhile ago. Trying to see if she could still look at his face to clarify whether she was just seeing things or not.

After sitting, FengJiu gave the project proposals to Mr. Xiu.

He opened the folder and read the contents. Few minutes later, he put the folder on the table and grab his wine glass.

He first sip some wine before speaking,

"Indeed. This proposal is very catchy and innovative. Fusing Architectural Designs with Nature and Environment."

"I am glad you like it, Mr. Xiu. But I would like to ask if the Lu Corporation already submitted their designs for the upcoming convention?"

Mr. Xiu's eyebrows rose.

"Seems like Miss Feng is very curious about their competitors especially the Lu Corporation."

"Indeed. I admit that I am a little curious about our 'enemy'. It's been a while since Feng International entered this market. From the time it was managed by my grandfather until I personally succeeded his throne, Feng International has always been on top of the food chain without any worthy competitors."

"Mmm.. You are correct. Also, Lu Corporation's representative already talked to me."

'Lu Corporation's representative? That man awhile ago?'

"Although the Lu Corporation is currently venturing in this line of business, it seems that they won't be participating in the upcoming Bidding Convention."

FengJiu froze.

"May I know the reason why Lu Corporation decided to retreat without a fight? It seems like Mr. Xiu already knows the reason why."

Mr. Xiu laughed heartily.

"Hahahah!! Indeed, I know the reason why. Because that man decided to put his investment towards other things. He'd rather invest on his future than the company."

'That man? Was that the Eldest Young Master?'

'What other future could any of us in this line of business have other than securing the stability of our company?'

FengJiu's eyes flickered. She find this Eldest Young Master of Lu Corporation impossible to read.

'Was he really MinFeng?'
--------------------------------
After her meet up with Mr. Xiu, FengJiu immediately called Ming Yue.

"I want you to gather all the data you can find about this Eldest Young Master of Lu Corporation. You have to do it asap."

"Yes Madam."

Ming Yue answered.

'I hope I am wrong.'

FengJiu suddenly feels nervous.

'What if my suspicions were correct? What should I do?'

FengJiu was conflicted. Thinking about what happened at the hotel, her heart immediately froze.