(24) I Know Who You Are

FengJiu opened the door and ushered Xiao Mei inside.

She wanted to go upstairs to check if MinFeng was at home or not but Xiao Mei won't let her go and clung at her like a leach.

"Whaa~ your house looks good! Simple yet elegant.. Ah Jiu~ can I live here with you?"

"No!"

"Ehh~ Why?? I wanted to be with you~"

"Xiao Mei... Why are you here in Beijing?"

FengJiu changed the topic to avoid Xiao Mei's plea. Using her stoic face and indifferent attitude, she acted like a mother scolding her child.

Xiao Mei's smile froze.

"Daddy wanted to expand the company so he wanted me to marry Johnson Holding's heir, Robert Johnson. Bahh.. I don't want to!!"

'Is arranged marriage a trend nowadays??'

"Sooo~" Xiao Mei continued, "I run away!! I don't want to get married at someone I don't love. Fortunately, the wait is over! The man in my dreams finally appeared!! FengJiu~ I want to marry him and bore his children.. Lots and lots of children."

FengJiu covered her face with her hands.

'What are you? A mother pig?!'

"So, that man you were groping was the man of your dreams?"

"Nonsense!! What groping? What assault?! I was just... I was just trying to 'feel' his body a little! What's wrong with that??"

'Everything is so f'cking wrong, I tell you!'

FengJiu could only sigh. Xiao Mei's motto since they were children was: 'No Shame, No Gain'.

Xiao Mei always got what she wanted by hook or by crook.

'She's shameless and unreasonable sometimes but she's still the adorable Xiao Mei I love.'

"Ah Jiu, it's been years since we last met. After your parents died, you never contacted us again. Even when I migrated abroad, you never even mailed me nor call me on phone."

Xiao Mei was hurt because the three of them treated each other as siblings but FengJiu suddenly disappeared in their life, making her and YanFei gege sad.

FengJiu closed her eyes to avoid tearing up.

"I'm sorry..."

That was all she could say. A million words behind a single 'sorry'.

It was her fault for closing her heart and closing her door. Making herself isolated not only to those who wanted to manipulate and use her but also those who truly cared for her.

Xiao Mei felt FengJiu's sudden change of emotion. Thus, she wanted to talk other things and just bury the painful past.

She suddenly remembered YanFei and their recent talk about coming back in Beijing for good.

"Ah!! Ah Jiu~ did you know, YanFei gege is now a renowned surgeon! He was busy last month because he wanted to work in Beijing for good."

"Really? It's been a while since I last saw YanFei gege."

Xiao Mei giggled.

"YanFei gege missed you.. Aiyaa~ Ah Jiu, wasn't YanFei gege your first love?"

FengJiu almost wanted to smack Xiao Mei.

'What crush? I was just admiring his personality and looks.'

(A/N: You have a crush on him!! Aiyaaa.. Poor MinFeng. Boo hoo~ come, hug me and I'll comfort you in my arms. XD)