Chapter 14

You have been switching between Tribals and Pokemon since the alliance between the Mugiwara tribe and Heart tribe became official, spending most of your time with the SurgeonOfDeath, Law. You have not been paying attention to any time passing and your mother has let you do what you want because of the difficulties you faced during the exams. Of course this means that graduation night has been creeping up on you and is suddenly right around the corner and you still have not made the crucial decision about joining your father's business.

You ponder this as your mother digs through your clothes, tossing the things she likes next to you on your bed.

You stare longingly at the VR gear but resist as you want to get your graduation outfit sorted. From what you have heard the graduation night is very formal but still fun.

Your mother tosses a dress on top of your head, blocking your vision.

"Try it while I find some shoes." She instructs, walking out of your room and down the hallway.

You pull the dress from your head and hold it out in front of you, examining it closely.

It is a long light blue dress with a belt. You quickly slip it on and go to your mother's room to check it out in her full length mirror. It hugs your figure nicely at the top but flows more below the waist. The neck hangs low and the straps sit on the edge of your shoulders. The silver belt separates the two material styles and would match nicely with silver jewellery. Evidently your mother has the same idea as she walks in with a pair of silver hanging earrings.

"It suits you well." She says, handing the earrings over to you and you slide them through.

"It's the same one I wore to my prom night in my final year. I'm surprised that it has stayed in such a nice condition." She admits, pulling a silver necklace from her jewellery drawer and hanging it around your neck. You both stand together and admire your reflection for a moment.
"What do you think?" Your mother asks hopefully.

"I love it." You reply. The middle aged woman's face lights up and she seems happier than she has been in a long time. Side by side you do look very similar. Same hair and eyes but you are taller and share some facial structure with your father.

-----------------------------------------

It has been a long time since you were last on D&D Online so you are a bit rusty and decide to practise in the guild house. Usopp and Franky have obviously furnished a lot since you were last there but once again your guild is completely broke. Nami, Vivi and Robin all join you as you had organised earlier, something about some special discussion that only the girls are allowed be present for.

The four of you wander around the town in search of some quests to increase the current guild funds and Nami starts her interrogations. Her first victim is Vivi. She asks about some boy named Kohza while Vivi murmurs small replies and turns as red as a tomato.

"Why are we even doing this?" Vivi tries to change the subject, covering her face in embarrassment at one of Nami's more intrusive questions.

"It's girl talk. We need to talk about the romance in our lives." Nami insists. Vivi shakes her head and buries her face into her hands even more.

Robin laughs lightly at the younger girl's reaction.

"How come the youngest has a boyfriend and the rest of us are still starved?" Nami complains.

"Because you like money more than you like people." You reply. Nami shoots you a small glare.

"Everyone likes money more than people, I'm just the only one to admit it." She retorts, brushing her hair over her shoulder dismissively. "And talking about money are we going to do a quest or not?"