Chapter 19

The explanation from Law has brought up more questions than it has answered.

Who was the relative that died six years ago?

What is so bad about your father's business that Law tried to warn you about?

How does Law know your father?

And most importantly, why did Law seem so scared?

When you had messaged Law after being killed by the MassacreSoldier he shrugged all of your questions off as being over reactions but you are more suspicious than ever when it comes to your father's dealings.

Nevertheless you push all of your questions down so you can get yourself ready.

The old blue dress that had once belonged to your mother is laid out on your bed and the makeup and accessories you had decided on are spread out around it.

Graduation night has finally arrived and your answer for your father is due.

You sit patiently at your desk as your mother carefully styles your hair.

Your school didn't have any kind of prom but over the years the graduation night has seconded as one.

Parents are invited to watch the actual graduation but are then sent home so their children can celebrate with snacks and dancing. Of course there are always after parties and Nami has arranged one at her house.

It took a bit of convincing for you mother to let you go. You are all eighteen and Nami has already acquired a taste for alcohol. Your father was the one to convince your mother in the end, saying that you can be responsible for yourself and you are old enough to legally drink.

Your mother has finished on your hair and now moves to your makeup. You could probably do it yourself but she has had more practise. The process so far has been silent except for the odd complaint about you squirming around too much.

This doesn't bother you as much as it might for other people. It's not that you and your mother have a weak relationship, quite the opposite actually. You are close in personality, appearance and morality so you can always relate to her.

She has always been a quiet woman, one who doesn't like small talk and prefers to let her mind wander.

"I'll be starting work again soon." She announces.

"Are you ready for it?" You inquire, a concerned expression taking over your face which is definitely not helpful for your mother.

"Yes." She replies decisively. "It will be good for me if my life goes back to normal."

She places the finishing touches of makeup onto your face then reaches for the dress on your bed and gently passes it towards you.

"We'll leave in fifteen minutes. Your father will meet us there." She says as she walks out the bedroom door, closing it behind her.

--------------------------

The drive to the large hall that the school had hired is short and uneventful.

The hall is used for many different large events and is well equipped with a large stage, many chairs and some caterers for later.

There are about forty large round tables scattered around the room, each being able to hold about twelve people. On top of the stage are many trophies and medals for graduates who have won prizes during the year. You and your mother sit down at a table towards the edge of the room and somewhat close to the food. You are early but the tables are slowly beginning to fill up with students and their parents.