Chapter 52

I accidentally posted chapter 53 as chapter 52 last week so whoops. 

Here is the actual chapter 52. 

Over the past week there has been multiple invasions of your tribe and the Heart tribe. None of them had been particularly successful on Captain's side of things but they have pushed back your progress in fortifying your base. At one point they blew up a chunk of your walls and got in through there once you figured out how to keep your gate closed.

Another time a group of them dropped in from above, trying to replicate your attack on them a couple of weeks before. The giant snake noticed them and ate two of them whole. The other three tried to wuss out but got torn to bits by the falcons.

You and Law had spent the past week trying to come up with ideas for your next date. But thinking of a creative way to spend time together can be difficult and you ended up just agreeing on a movie date then some food.

Picking a movie had also been quite the task. But eventually Law convinced you that a slasher movie would be a good idea. You haven't had much experience when it comes to horrors so you aren't sure how much it may affect you.

Nami, Robin and Vivi had also been planning something that you had to miss out on because of the timing of the date. You had told Robin why you couldn't go but you know that Nami will probably overreact when she finds out that you are dating Law so your bad procrastination habits got in the way and you came up with some half-assed excuse to do with your family.

You stand outside the cinema with Law after meeting up at the park as usual.

"This was a bad idea." You say as you stare at the movie poster.

"This is a great idea." He replies.

"Law it looks scary."

"It's supposed to look scary."

"What if it's too scary?"

"Then the creators have done their job."

You take a moment to playfully glare at him.

"Thanks for your support." You grumble.

He leans in closer to you and lowers his voice.

"If you start getting scared I'll always be there to hold you."

"I'm going to take you up on that." You reply before briskly walking into the cinema.

—————————————

You ended up enjoying the movie despite how scary you found it. The jump scares got a reaction out of you and the general creepy vibe of the killer has left a slight impression on you so you aren't sure how easy sleeping will be tonight. It's hard to find any sympathy for the main characters though as they were all doing dumb teenager things when the killer found them. Your favourite part ended up being cuddling closer to Law as the killer closed in on another victim who would scream out dramatically before falling flat on their face.

You end up going on a little rant at the stupidity of the victims on the short walk to your next destination.

"I mean what kind of person sees a human skull sitting in the creepy dark forest and then doesn't run away?" You complain.

"Dead people." He replies.

"Except that one chick who somehow survived despite being the dumbest of the lot."

"So you didn't like the movie?" Law almost seems disappointed.

"Oh no, the movie was great. It was just that the characters had really bad survivability."