Chapter 48

You log back into the game the next day to find that your expectations were wrong.

Instead of dying and being greeted by a respawn screen when you entered the server you are greeted by bars. You sit up inside the cramped wooden cage that the tribe had placed you in.

You hear some scuffling as a player you hadn't noticed quickly exits the room the cage is in after noticing that you had logged back in.

You hear muffled voices outside and then heavy steps as a few players make their way into the room. There are three of them.

The one on the left is the player who had just left to bring the other two in.

You easily recognise the one on the right as MassacreSoldier.

The player in the middle is someone you don't recognise immediately as you have not met him in person before, only hearing of him from your friends.

"Captain." You greet. He is a large man, standing at about two metres tall. His character is burly with red hair that is untidy and spiked up, only kept out of his face by a pair of goggles. A large scar runs down his left side from the top of his face to down past the belts around his stomach and waist. His buttoned short sleeved shirt is left open and a fluffy red coat sits on his shoulders and falls all the way to his ankles, past his weird giraffe pattern pants.

"That's me." He grumbles. "And just who the fuck do you think you are?" He definitely is not in a good mood.

"Wow no need for such language. I am but a simple messenger."

"A messenger with a lot of explosives." MassacreSoldier adds.

"That was part of the message." You try to put one of your hands on the bars only to find that there are handcuffs preventing you from doing so. You wrinkle your nose at them then return your gaze to the three enemies.

The player who had fetched the two when you had logged in shifts uneasily, almost as if he himself is scared of Captain. He is covered in stitches and wears a weird corset thing around his torso. He has long baby blue hair that looks like he was stuck in the backseat of a car while the driver had the front windows open and he hasn't had any time to brush it down. He begins to make a noise as if he is about to tell Captain something but is interrupted before he can say anything.

"Fuck off Heat. I've got talking to do."

"Language!" You mutter to yourself.

The undead looking player puts his head down and hurries away.

"So." Captain begins. "Do you belong to the Mugiwara tribe or the Heart tribe."

"Yes." You reply helpfully.

Captain growls some sort of rude remark then grabs a seat, moving it around so it's facing backwards then sits on it, glaring down at you. At this point you are still on the floor of the cage.

MassacreSoldier relaxes back against the wall next to the door. You aren't sure why he's here but you have picked up that he's higher in the hierarchy than the zombie dude called Heat.

"So why have you been attacking both of the tribes?" You inquire.

"I'm going to take your land." He replies.

"Why? It looks like you have plenty of land here yourself."

"Well the answer to that is quite simple- Hey! I'm interrogating you!" Captain realises

"You were."

"Shut up! Which tribe?"

You hum in response.