Chapter 45

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

Your mother had gone out with a couple of friends, trying to celebrate the start of an end

You yourself could be considered a winner, as you were on your way to your boyfriend's for dinner

You arrive with a present in hand, to an apartment you wouldn't really call grand

Nevertheless you were happy to be there, so you knock on the door without any hint of fear

You hear barking inside from big floofy Bepo, who's fur alone must weigh ten kilos

The door is pulled open and light floods the hall, and there you see Bepo as he runs to grab his ball

But out from the shadows behind the door, out comes your boyfriend, the one and only Law

Now rhyming is difficult and time consuming, so I'm going to get back to some actual writing

Can we cut back on the Christmas fun, so I can finally get this chapter done.

—————————-

You walk into Law's apartment from the hallway and breathe a sigh of relief as the cool air from the fan hits you.

"It's so hot outside." You complain as you put your face in front of the fan, distorting your voice.

"Well the moment you walked in it got a lot hotter inside." Law smirks. You playfully glare up at him.

"As if it wasn't hot enough with you here." You retort, still talking into the fan. You then quickly hold out the gift you had bought for him, which is currently wrapped in red and green wrapping paper. He takes it and carefully unwraps the jumper you had bought for him on the day your father was arrested.

"Thank you." Law says as he tries on the jumper. It looks nice and cozy on him and matches his style with the weird printed jeans he seems to always be wearing.

"You don't have to wear it right now, wait until it's cooler." You suggest.

He removes the jumper, sets it somewhere safe then makes his way back into his kitchen.

"Dinner is almost ready so why don't you pick something to watch." He points to his laptop which has been set up on the small dining table. It isn't the best but what can you expect from a university student.

"What are we eating?" You inquire, browsing through shows on Netflix.

"Food." Law replies. You roll your eyes and pick a show.

You make your way to the kitchen to see your boyfriend struggling to make onigiri. The few he had made are misshapen and in different states of falling apart. Law's hands are covered in rice that he can't seem to get off.

"This doesn't usually happen." Law says defensively.

You sigh and reach your hand up to flick his forehead.

"If you need help just ask for it." You laugh.

"Help."

You wash your hands and roll up your sleeves then get to work trying to fix the disfigured onigiri. Half of them are filled with tuna and mayo while the other half are filled with teriyaki chicken. To be fair the meat had been cooked really well and it was just putting them together that Law had ended up struggling with.

Eventually you make it through and sit down with Law to watch the show you had chosen, eating while you watch.

After finishing the meal you both move to the couch where you continue to watch the show. You lean into his side and he wraps his tattooed arm around you. Bepo sits at your feet sleeping, twitching and letting out a small bark every so often at whatever he is chasing in his dreams.

The night is relaxing and can distract you from everything going on at home. It's just what you need.

At one point Law gets distracted from the show to pull up your sleeve at check on the old burn marks that he had spent so much effort on trying to fix. You still have to wear the light long sleeved shirts despite the heat so as not to draw suspicion from your mother.

Delicately Law runs his fingers down your arm and to your wrist where you suddenly feel the cool touch of a slender bracelet that Law has placed on you.

You look down to see that it is a thin chain with a few different charms hanging off of it. It's reasonably loose but can still stay on your wrist easily. Lifting your hand up you can see the three charms: a reindeer, a dog and a polar bear.

"I got the charms when we were on our date at the zoo." Law explains, delicately holding the polar bear between his fingers.

"It's beautiful." You gush, no longer paying attention to the show that is still running in the background.

"Then it fits you perfectly." Law hums.

You turn your head to kiss him, resting your right hand on the side of his face to pull him closer.

This is the shortest chapter since the first one and it took me the most time to write. Next chapter will also probably be kind of short but the one after that should be quite a bit longer.