Chapter 24

The light of the sun through the window tickles you awake. You glance around the room with blurred vision to see Robin sitting up beside you on the queen bed and Nami and Vivi resting on the bunk bed.

Sanji enters the room with four cups of hot chocolate and places them on a side table that sits next to the door.

"Breakfast will be ready in ten minutes." He announces before leaving and closing the door behind him.

You groan and sit up, still feeling quite groggy. Robin gets up out of bed to grab two of the cups and passes one to you. You sip the sweet drink. Sanji always makes the best hot chocolates.

You are halfway through the drink before you wake up enough to drag yourself up the stairs and slump over the table.

"It's too early" you grumble.

"Too early for bacon?" Sanji inquires as he shifts the pan in his grip, causing a nice sizzle noise. You reply with a quiet happy gasp and he crosses the kitchen with the pan.

"Bacon!" Luffy yells as he sprints across the room and straight towards Sanji, who easily sidesteps him so the black haired boy falls through an open door and onto the deck.

"Hold him back if you want to eat!" Sanji instructs Zoro as Luffy clambers to his feet and charges again. Zoro, who had just wandered up the stairs sacrifices half a second to glare at the blonde before begrudgingly following his instructions and pushing Luffy away from the food that is being served around the table.

One by one the rest of your friends wander up the stairs and collapse onto their seats.

"Maybe some caffeinated drinks would have be more helpful." Nami grumbles, taking another sip of the hot chocolate.

"Eat and get dressed, the marketplace is opening soon." Sanji says and you all dig in. Once you have had your fill you wander back downstairs to change out of pyjamas and into light denim shorts and a thin cotton top. The other girls follow and also change into clothes appropriate for the hot climate. Sanji leads you down the shadowed driveway where you are protected from the early sun. It's a different story once you get to the town. The trees are few and far between, leaving little shelter to hide under. Luckily the air is still cool enough for you to all travel comfortably. Chopper bounds along loyally next to Luffy, not needing a lead as there are only a few cars around.

A massive field in the middle of the town has been transformed overnight into a bustling marketplace. The air is filled with chatter as vendors and customers haggle over the goods that are spread across benches and shelves of the colourful stalls. The aroma of various foods reaches your nose but you can't place all of them.

"First order of business, friendship bracelets." Vivi chimes.

"I think Luffy is more interested in the food." You sigh, watching as Luffy sprints into the crowd and towards the nearest food stall.

"But I just fed him." Sanji groans, vanishing into the crowd in pursuit of Luffy.

"No matter, they can find us again later." Vivi says as she leads the group towards a stall covered in colourful accessories and trinkets. Small handmade objects are scattered along the bench and hung along the walls. You all look through a variety of woven bracelets, occasionally picking one up to examine it.

A particular white one catches your eye. A white band with a navy blue cross woven into one side.

"How about this one?" You suggest, holding it up so Vivi can see it. She takes it from your hand and examines it.