Chapter Forty Six

Hailey's POV

It's been about almost two weeks since I've talked or seen Isaac.

I was currently curled up in the middle of my best friends huge sectional, with her laying to my right, as we both watched the movie that was playing on her 60inch. We were both currently on winter break, and I had been over here for about a week now.

I couldn't bare the thought of being home alone and Isaac show up out of the blue looking for me. I was truly and utterly terrified of seeing him, being alone with him, let alone talk to him.

He's been trying non stop to get ahold of me, and I've been ignoring every single one of his calls, every single message, until I couldn't take it anymore and actually put him on my block list.

Mind you, I don't have a single angry bone in my body, I've never used nor put anyone on my block list up until now.

I didn't go to school the following week after everything had happened, so I easily dodged Isaac then. And it's not like I meant to miss school purposely, but my anxiety had got so bad that it triggered my depression, and it literally made me ill.

I was up crying most of the nights because I couldn't sleep, every time that I closed my eyes i would see the dead bodies in my head, I couldn't get the images out after that night.

Every time I thought about what happened I would get sick to my stomach, and would end up running to the bathroom and puke my brains out. I was hardly eating so I was constantly dizzy, always feeling weak, but afraid to fall asleep, afraid to relive everything.

My dad actually got fed up and took me to the doctors that Tuesday afternoon on his day off. Apparently everything I was going through, all the symptoms that I had, were very similar to having a stomach bug. I was then excused from school for the remainder of the week, but I knew damn well that I didn't have a stomach bug.

I obviously couldn't tell my dad what was really wrong, what had happened, nor did I want too. I didn't want to tell anyone, the only person that I had actually told was Carmen, but that was only because I felt like I was suffocating one night and poured my heart out to her.

Carmen really didn't say anything the second I told her, I don't think she knew what to say or how to even process it, and I didn't blame her. She would literally just listen to me cry when I called her, attempting her best to comfort me. Carmen actually came over last weekend and talked to my dad, convincing him that he let me stay with her during our break, and surprisingly he agreed.

My dad and Carmen knew me better than anyone else, I knew that he knew something was wrong, but being the good father that he was he never pushed it. Luckily for me he had a busy work schedule coming up, and he felt more comfortable knowing that I would be around Carmen and her mom, rather than at home alone and depressed.

I automatically felt 10x better the second we got to Carmen's. I was able to breathe a little more knowing that Isaac didn't know where she lived, knowing that I wasn't in their "territory".

Isaac was relentless though, he wouldn't let it get past him, that man didn't know how to take no for an answer even if his life depended on it.

After I blocked him on his number he called me off every phone he could possibly get ahold of. Dion, Patrick, Angela, even Sofia, who barely likes me, were constantly messaging me to get ahold of Isaac because he really wanted to talk to me. It got so bad to the point where I actually thought about changing my number, but just like with Isaac, I put them all on the block list as well. I no longer wanted anything to do with Isaac Matteo and his world.