Scared To Die

🔥Natsu's P.O.V🔥

We all day in the living room while Lucy got out some horchata to satisfy her craving.

 "Now start explaining! Lucy, you said that you've been pregnant for a month! You don't even look at all different!" My mom asked, still shocked by the news.

 "Yes, it has been a month. Natsu and I have been hiding this since the night you told us to have a child." Lucy explained, sipping from her drink here and there.

"I'm guessing that's what your child craves?"  My dad asked, pointing at her drink.

"What my child craves? No! It's mine! I love this drink!" She shot back. I sighed.

"It's her craving." I clarified.

"Well, when are you going in for an ultrasound?" Mom asked.

 "Not for another two weeks. We still haven't even talked about names yet." I said.

 "And we won't until we know what gender the baby is! That's final!" Lucy pouted.

 "I know. I know." I laughed as she got another glass.

 "When do you plan on announcing it to everyone else?" Dad asked.

"Not soon. Gray and Juvia's wedding is the day after my ultrasound. Then they'd going to leave on their honeymoon. Levy and Gajeel are still packing up to move across the country, so it's a miracle when we see them. Erza and Jellal are the hardest to get in contact with. They started dating, then separated themselves from the group. I'm not sure that I want them to know I'm pregnant." Lucy said in a dead voice as she lowered her glass and looked down to cover her face with her hair.

"What?! Since when did Levy and Gajeel say their moving?! I knew about the wedding, but-" I started.

"Levy told me yesterday. Why do you think I was overly excited today? You know what I do when I'm not in the mood." Lucy sighed as she got up and disappeared up the stairs to our room.

"The thought of losing everyone is starting to torture her. You should be with her now. We'll take Wendy home right now. Bye son." Dad said as he hugged me goodbye. My mother did the same and carried Wendy out to the car.

I walked upstairs after I shut the door behind them and walked into the room to see Lucy curled in a ball, crying once again.

"They're leaving me again. They're not dead, but their leaving! I didn't kill them, but their leaving! " She muttered to herself. I sat in front of her and pulled her chin up to look at me. She tried turning away, but I gently held right to her chin as she slowly have up.

"They're not going to be gone forever. Gray and Juvia will be gone for a few months then be back. I bet Levy and Gajeel will visit every so often to be with us. And you know Erza will come if you call her. Why are you so paranoid?" I asked.

She sat silently for a moment before she spoke.

"Gray. Then Juvia. Both leaving. Gajeel. Levy. Both moving away. Erza. Jellal. Both isolated away. That only leaves one more person to leave me and I don't want that to happen. I don't want you to leave me next Natsu. What happens if I wake up one day and you're not there? You're not anywhere?! What an I supposed to do then?" She cried as she broke away from my hand and walked to the window.

"Everyone leaves, and you can't do anything about it. Once they're gone, they're gone, and you won't know when they leave." She added.

I then realized what she was talking about. I repeated what she just said, but changed some words.

Everyone dies, and you can't do anything about it. Once they're dead, they're dead, and you won't know when you're they die if they leave.

She was scared to die.

She was scared that I was going to die.

She was scared that the baby was going to die.