Peter Parker - Childhood friend p2

News of your disappearance spread like wildfire, your parents didn't know how to react, they didn't know how to tell those back at home that you were now missing. But they weren't the ones to spread the news, sadly the news spread quicker than expected. Headlines blew up the United States, "Young Girl Missing in Europe."

There was only a picture of the girl, and a small story. Peter had soon read the story, his new friend, Ned, showing him the headline. "That's-s Y/N... "

"Oh, I'm sorry." Ned quickly handed his phone back to his mom, "do you think they'll find her?"

"She promised she would be home on August 13." Peter had been broken from the news he received, he didn't want to talk about the fact that his best friend was now missing. "Hey Pete, I just heard the news, I'm sorry honey."

Peter didn't react, he only sat there, looking at the purple popsicle that sat on his bedside desk. "She'll come back."

Aunt May wanted to hug her little nephew but all she did was sit down next to him, putting her arm around his shoulder.

3 months had soon passed, it was now 3 days into the school year, Peter knew you weren't coming home. Her parents came home from Europe, and Peter wanted to run over to see if his best friend was there, but she wasn't.
Peter turned to the table, sitting down and now doing his homework, a knock came on the door, May stood up from the sofa, pulling the door open to see Y/N's mom standing there, a red cup of popsicle sticks in her hands, her cheeks stained red.

"Y/N would want Peter to have these." Peter stood up, walking towards the door, watching as Y/N's mom handed him the cup, it was full of the multiple popsicle sticks, each one a different color or some have the same. "Oh.. um.. Thank you.."

She wiped away a tear from her cheek, and turned to look at May, she gave her a hug, and walked out of the room. Peter set the cup on the table, looking at the facts he had given to his best friend, each one better than the last but it was undeniable that his favorite was either about the turtles or that coca cola was originally green.

"Time for school, Peter." Aunt May placed her hand on Peter's shoulder and they both prepared to leave for school.

—PRESENT DAY—

"Time for school, Peter." Peter nodded, following Aunt May out of the apartment, your mom sat there, reading the mail in her hand. "Good Morning May."

"Morning, how are you today?" She smiled and put the mail down on her side, "I'm good, almost done packing."

Ever since Y/N disappeared everything changed in your family, your parents started to fight, blaming each other for you going missing, but they eventually split up, and now your mother is moving out of the apartment. Peter wanted to help every opportunity he got, he would sometimes help her take out the trash or bring her for lunch.

Peter looked down at his phone, today was August 13,more than 3 years since you went missing. "Peter, you gonna come and see me at the new house?"

Peter snapped back into attention, "oh, yah, uh of course."

"You guys better get going. I'll have to invite you over some time soon for a housewarming party." A smile traveled onto her face as she pulled the apartment door open. Peter nodded in agreement and followed Aunt May downstairs as they prepared to leave for school.

"It's gonna be your first day of school!!! You ready to be back?" Aunt May was more excited that Peter got to get out of the house, and she got to be alone.