Chapter Twenty-Five

This week's fabulous dreamcast is brought to you by - @Blackgyal_Azy

Casper-David Giuntoli

Sally-Zonnique Pullins

Sophie-Bahja Rodriguez

Nico-Zac Efron

Jacques- Diggy Simmons

The Royal Hunting Lodge

Sophie Reese

Salome was Sally.

A broken memory of Sally sitting on the cabin floor, staring tearfully down at a contract on the table, floated into my mind. I felt my heart tightening as I recalled telling Casper that I would never forgive him, for standing by and doing nothing, as Luc forced Sally to sign her life away.

No wonder Casper didn't want to tell me what happened that night.

"Are you okay?" Christie asked.

I shook my head. "I'm in love with a rat and I don't know what to do."

"Oh, that doesn't sound good. Do you think the two of you could talk it out?"

"Nuh-uh, he's crossed a line in sand which he can't come back from," I explained.

And it was true. Casper had crossed a line that night. He had sided with his brother and in doing so condemned Sally to god-only-knows what kind of life with Blood. To me, he was no better than a human trafficker, using people lives like currency. It made me sick to my stomach.

"I have to go to Sally and rescue her," I announced.

"Let me come with you," Christie replied.

"Okay, but I need to warn you that I came across something in the woods last night. Whatever it was, it attacked me. I think you should know that before you decide to join me. I don't think those woods are safe."