Chapter Twenty-Six

This week's dream cast is: 

Sophia: Liza Koshy

Casper: David Dobrick

Jacques: Alex Ernst

Nico: Todd Smith

Sally: Kristen Mcatee

Blood: Scotty Sire 

The Royal Hunting Lodge

Sophie Reese

I fell and hit the frozen ground hard. My ankle and wrist snapped on impact; the pain was unbearable. I buried my face into the snow and held onto the scream building in my throat. Yes, it was agony, but one small sound could alert the guards to the fact I was no longer in my room. I had to push past the pain. I had to think about Christian.

I closed my eyes and tried to disconnect from the pain. I thought about Belize and my family's farm. White beaches, turquoise sea, strong sunlight warming my bones...

SNAP.

The second wave of pain, punched me in the gut as the broken bones popped back into alignment. Sitting up in the snow, I rotated my wrist left and right, checking to see if the bones had mended. Thankfully, it felt good. This was a massive relief as there had been a small nagging doubt in my mind, that my healing ability had not fully returned to me after the car accident. Standing up, I checked my ankle, jumping up and down lightly. This too seemed to be okay.

I scrambled about for the backpack that I had thrown out the window first and found it hanging in a rose bush. I grabbed the backpack and swung it over my shoulders.

"Sophie," a voice yelled.

I looked up and saw Christie, running across the lawn with a concerned look on her face.