Six • Vengeance

After the crowning ceremony, the celebration began. Delightful music filled the grand ballroom and the finest delicacies were served for meals.

My mother and father entertained our guests as I faced different people of the higher ranks that were introducing themselves.

Some princess asked for dances and some engaged in conversations with me. Of course, I am used to faking my interests just to be courteous, just like how my mother taught me.

Vampires were also in this venue. Some were by their owner's side and some are waiting patiently in the corner of the room. My eyes searched for one particular vampire and in a matter of seconds, his eyes locked on mine.

I walked towards Dimitrius, silently taking in the beauty of his body. The same hazel eyes and smooth black hair that I saw in the auction place captured my gaze.

Beside him sat other vampires, all of them looked hungry enough to drain me of my blood. If only I had brought blood bags for each one of them.

As I stood in front of Dimitrius, I grabbed a silverware and used it to tapped my wine glass repeatedly. It's a sign of attention.

The music slowly softened and everyone's attention turned to me. I know that this will cause disputation among all of us but I have waited too long for this moment to happen.

Even the vampires looked confused as to why I called everyone's attention to face my direction which they were in. I inhaled one last peaceful breath and spoke my heart out.

"As you, all can see, The Royal Lowell family's legacy is overpowering the vampire species that once ran free in this world. From the first of my family generation, they made action to capture and enslave vampires to show them that us humans, we are stronger."

Loud cheers and applause erupted from everyone, some were shouting dreadful words against the race of vampires. Then, I continued,

"It's been more than a century since this way of living has started. Humans are born to hate vampires and vampires live to serve us, worship us, and accept hatred from us. As your queen, I demand change from that."

Silence fell among the room and my father taking long strides came rushing to me, "Felicity, what are you doing!" He growled in my ear which I ignored.

"These creatures have done nothing to deserve the oppression we give them. They may feed on our blood but our actions were beyond horrible to them. Punishing, abusing, and maltreating is not something in exchange for the blood we give them. I am your queen and I will not allow this kind of brutality to continue."

Before anyone else could object, I took out a sharp knife hat I safely strapped on my thigh for this statement. Thankfully, the slit in the middle of my gown gave me an easy access.

"You don't want to do this, Queen Felicity!" Someone shouted. I looked at the enraged and confused faces of everyone and finally said my statement.

"From now on, vampires will be free. No more slavery. This is not only our world, it's theirs too."

I held my knife tightly and with one swift motion, I sliced through Dimitrius' collar, letting it fall on the floor. Everyone gasped as I did it and protested.

"Take it back!" They remonstrated. Different criticizations and protests were screamed at me but I don't care anymore. They may hate me as their queen but I choose to live out of a world of injustice.

"Felicity, what have you done!" Jonathan screamed while the end of Katherine's leash clung to him, dragging Katherine mercilessly.

I glared at him and said, "It's Queen Felicity now."