Forty-four • Awaited

Queen Felicity Lowell's Point of View

Six Months Later...

"Where is he, Katherine?"

I have been searching for Dimitrius in this never-ending castle and still, I don't have a trace of where he could be. My mom, Katherine, and the three sorceresses took all their time to stall me from finding him.

"Will you just relax, Felicity? I told you, you shouldn't have any stress, " Katherine replied while making me sit back down on the chair that's been making my butt sore since I have been sitting on it for who knows long.

"My hair isn't even that long yet it looks like you're giving Rapunzel a makeover, " I whined. Katherine washed, dried, and now she's buying herself in making natural waves with waterfall braids on my hair.

"Oh, shut up, Felicity. Your hair looks amazing in my style, " she replied while adding the white diamond pins that made me look like wearing a beaded crown.

In the meantime, my mother gave me a cup of tea with calming herbs to keep my cool and not ruin everything they have been preparing for. "Mom, stop crying, " I said and looked at her with a genuine expression.

She wiped her tears with a cloth and tapped my shoulder, "Oh dear, I must be getting old. These are tears of joy, I can't stop them from coming."

Today's the day. Even myself couldn't believe how much has happened since my life completely changed. Some may say that most of the things that happened were bad but I would rather think of them as hurdles in my journey.

A year ago, I would laugh at my own words when I would even dare to call myself as a queen. Tight dresses, high-heels, heavy crowns, proper manners, everything that was about royalty was what I hated.

The responsibilities, the leadership, all I ever dreamed of was being a normal kid. I grew up learning how to walk with books on my head. I learned my education ten times faster as it should have been. I ate almost nothing every day because I had to look beautiful in all my curves for the eyes of everyone else.

Whenever I think of it, it's as if I never had a life.

But I met someone special. Someone who changed my entire life completely. He gave me something that I never received from anyone else. He showed me that I was capable of being loved and accepted for who I truly am.

He gave me the unconditional love that made my knees weak at the sight of him. The love that sent shivers by his soft and gentle touch. His love that made my ears hear melodies at his voice. He loved me so much that whenever I am with him, all I see is our future together.

Dimitrius Stone showed me that despite the scars around my body, the tragedies that haunt my mind every night, the insecurities that surround my soul every day, I am someone that is not a lost cause.

He never saw me as someone broken, weak, nor ugly. I was someone to Dimitrius that no one has ever seen. To everyone, I was a shadow of my mother, successor of the Lowell kingdom.

But to Dimitrius, I was someone of my own.

Back then, I would have never guessed for a second that I would have that much love from someone else, I wouldn't have thought that I would love too deep, too big, that the ocean isn't enough to express how much King Dimitrius Stone means to Queen Felicity Lowell.