Twenty-two • Wolves

"Alpha Lorenzo."

I'm certain that I have heard of this name and title before. First, I thought that the fact that vampires existed was already unbelievable yet I learned about the existence of witches.

Now, I am facing someone that could possibly be speaking truly of himself. If Lorenzo claims that he is an alpha, then it means that he's a werewolf. Yep, I am definitely going crazy, thinking that there are more supernatural creatures out there.

I stood there in shock as he extended his hand to me but I didn't have a single cell in my body to hold his. So he just put it down which made Dimitrius glare at him and for that, I didn't know why.

After what felt like hours but it really was mere seconds, I was able to speak, "Queen Felicity Lowell," I told him and gave a small recognizing smile.

Alpha Lorenzo looked gorgeous in his body. I could tell that his muscles were well-defined based on the way that his shirt hugged his torso. His hair had the faded color of blonde and it was messy but still presentable. His facial features would make any woman drool over him but surprisingly, I found myself comparing him to Dimitrius.

No man has beaten my definition of hot and beautiful since I met Dimitrius. His black and well-groomed hair along with his beautiful face was enough to cause an ache between my legs. I know that these thoughts that were running wild in my mind shouldn't but if you find someone better looking than a Greek God, you would not be able to stop himself.

I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when everyone in the room became silent. Even Dimitrius stared daggers at me. Have I done something wrong? I just sat back down on my seat and waited for someone to break the awful silence.

Soon enough, Dimitrius did, "What are you doing here, Lorenzo?" He questioned in an offensive way. By the way he was not welcomed, I knew that no one expected him here.

"I missed you too, Dimitrius," he scowled, making the tension in the room even heavier. Something between the two of them felt uneasy but it wasn't the time to ask what it was. Someday, the time would probably be right.

Amara spoke, "State your reasons, Lorenzo," she said sternly. The three sorceresses, Katherine, Dimitrius, Lorenzo, and I, we were the only ones in the room but the silence was nearly suffocating. I couldn't describe how it felt.

"I don't get why you thought that you could hide everything from me. The girl from the prophecy, no one bothered to tell me that she was already with you. Well, her fight will affect all supernatural kinds, why would you keep her to yourselves?" He asked like he didn't care that I was just in the same room as him.

Odette let out a non-humoring laugh, "Were you not bothered in leading the pack of all wolves? After all, you turned your back on us and made it clear that you did not care about the prophecy."

So that was the answer to why the tension felt so suffocating. There was hatred towards this alpha and I didn't know why but once again, it was all because of me, the girl from the prophecy.

"Odette, you saved your witches just as I saved my wolves. It will always be my priority to defend my kind and I know that it's your priority too. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your child but the blame you put on me, we both know that it's Dominic who should take it," he said in a low and saddened voice.

I never knew she had lost a child. My heart felt deeply sorry for her loss, I could never imagine going through something like that, losing someone who once meant the world to you.

Genevieve suddenly spoke, "We were all in an agreement of an alliance, Lorenzo. The night of the storm when Felicity was almost killed, Dimitrius took her away, keeping her safe. Your wolves, we protected them with all of our magic but when it was Odette's child at risk, you didn't even think before choosing yourself over her and you know what was the worst? You let the child see every tragic death that Dominic has caused before he ended her life."

It felt like someone stabbing you painfully with just a story. Odette held such a strong personality that never made me think that she could have gone through that. I looked at her with sadness in my eyes but when her eyes looked back at mine, it was blank, emotionless.

"Let's not dig deeper through the sorrowful past. Lorenzo, you came here for what reason?" I managed to ask and stop the subject from going further. It wasn't anything easy to discuss with Odette hearing all of it, I knew that for sure.

"I deserve to have a say where you are going to be protected, Felicity. Your life is our own fate," he stated. All of these just to keep me safe and breathing, I now believe how important defeating Dominic would be but the question is, where is he? Why hasn't he showed up for the past fifteen years?

"If Dominic wanted me dead so badly, why haven't I seen a trace of him ever?" I blurted out my own curiosity. Everyone looked at me and I waited for someone to answer until Katherine did.

"No one knows where he has been, Felicity. When the vampires had captured him and drowned him in vervain, we thought that he wouldn't make it but years later, Dimitrius found the cage empty," she explained. Who could have helped him? Someone like Dominic must have created hatred towards himself from every being.

"So you mean to tell me that he could be anywhere and no one could know?" I questioned and they all nodded. How can I ever defeat a monster like him? What could be more powerful than a beast, a killer, a ruthless creature?

Dominic killed Rosaleen, Odette's child, and my own birth mother. He is undeserving of anything but hatred.

Before my emotions get worse, I took it upon myself and decided the final agreement. I stood up and spoke, "I will stay in my kingdom and rule as their queen. Nonetheless, I will give you the freedom to enter the human territory. I won't be staying with any of you because I am perfectly capable of being independent myself."

Lorenzo spoke, "I agree with Felicity. If we let her exercise her role as a leader, it wouldn't give Dominic the message that she could not protect herself."

I hoped that everyone would agree with me and after an eternity of silence, some of them spoke their own opinions before agreeing.

Genevieve said, "Witches could only enter your land for a minimal time or our magic would vanish, Felicity,  but we will respect your decision. We would still want to be there to help you gain more strength." With her request, I did not decline because what she said was truly helpful.

I have gotten the Alpha of all wolves and the leaders of all witches to agree with me. We all waited for Dimitrius and Katherine's response. We all knew that this agreement would be the hardest for Dimitrius because after all, I am what he calls, his mate.

Finally, Katherine and Dimitrius have spoken to each other privately and had an agreement. We all waited for one of them to speak and Dimitrius did.

"Fine but I'll have my vampires patrolling in and out of your castle. One harm that comes to you and this agreement is off, you're mine, Felicity. Our bond may have been severed but your soul is intertwined with mine, remember that."

I breathed deeply as he emphasized the words, 'you're mine' I was also aware that I felt my cheeks flush and before my complexion completely changes before all these respectable supernatural creatures, I smiled and spoke lastly,

"You all have yourselves a deal."

• • • • •

12.1 Thousand reads! I hope that this book reaches more than twenty thousand in the future but even now, I'm extremely grateful. Whenever my story gets more and more attention, my heart leaps faster than a vampire speed. Anyways, please don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

1.) Did you like this chapter?

2.) Who likes Alpha Lorenzo?

3.) What can you say about Odette's child?

4.) Why do you think Felicity chose not to be with the vampires?

5.) Who's waiting for Dominic?

See you in the next chapter!