Forty-five • Captured

Queen Felicity Stone's Point of View

"Felicity, " his words were almost a whisper, so soft yet so loud in my heart. "My love, my queen, my one and only mate, " he said in tears.

Dimitrius held my hand as he stared deeply into my soul, his oceanic eyes flowing with
love and affection. "I vow to love you unconditionally, be by your side as we spend the rest of our lives together. I will cherish you with all my heart and soul, keep you in my arms every day and night, I will treat you with respect and honesty, as my queen, as my wife, and as the future mother of my children."

I could not stop the tears from flowing as he continued to say his vows in front of everyone. Today, I saw a side of Dimitrius that I have never seen before. The soft-hearted, caring, loving, and everything else that showed me that he has a heart of an angel.

He continued, "I will forever be thankful for having blessed with you as my mate. You were the light to my darkness, the hope to all my doubts, the comfort to my sorrows, you were the one who changed me for the better version of me, Felicity. I owe my life to you, I belong to you. We may have started in different paths but I know that we were meant to be each other's missing piece. Today, it isn't the end of our miseries nor the mistakes we've done in the past. Today is the beginning of another chapter, a new journey that I'm going to have with you. I love you, Felicity Stone. Queen of humans, vampires, witches, you are my queen. I promise to do nothing but love you for eternity because that is what you deserve."

The words he spoke went directly to my heart. As I felt every love and affection, my soul melted a little more. Dimitrius vowed like I am the only thing that mattered to him. He cherished everything from the beginning and I love him for that, I love him for seeing the better of me despite every imperfection I see.

He breathed once more, his breath almost an inch away from my lips. Then, he continued to speak the last of his vows. "Felicity Stone, I vow to kiss you every day, love you more as each of our heartbeat passes, carry you in my arms when your knees start to shake, and until death, I vow to never leave your side. I promise that I will love you more than the time of everlasting. I will love you deeper than the depths of the oceans. Most of all, I will love you with all that I am and with all that I have. Even as the moon collapses and our worlds crash, I will be the one to hold your hand, care for your heart, and spend the rest of our lives together. My love for you cannot be expressed by this vow but our love will bind us together through all time and this I promise, to always be true."

I would be lying if I said that I was the only one crying. Sobs and tears of joy echoed across the venue, some from the people I recognized and what surprised me the most was that it was Dimitrius' vampires that wept and sobbed.

My heart's pounding never slowed or softened down, if anything, it became louder as Dimitrius slowly placed the ring. A jewelry that looked so little yet holds so much meaning to the both of us. Something that I would have never thought that I'd receive from any man.

The elegance and beauty of the golden band awed my eyes. It was simple yet so extravagant at the same time. Inside of it was a carved name, two simple words that struck me so deeply. Dimitrius himself engraved,

"My Queen"

As he finished placing the ring on my finger, he looked at me, as well as everyone else in the room, now is the time for me to recite my wedding vows. A promise that I wrote and kept in my heart, read and memorized over and over again but somehow, my mind couldn't utter the words I wrote nor I thought of.