Eighteen • Journal

King Dimitrius' Point of View

"Dimitrius, I've let you soak up in your sorrows for the past three days but I won't let you do it all over again!" Katherine banged on my door.

Here I am, staring blankly from the window, in Felicity's chambers. The deal between the witches and I are off. I promised to protect Felicity yet by a surprise attack, they easily have taken her.

My men and Katherine have tried getting me out of this empty and hollow feeling but nothing worked. I feel weaker each time that passes by, without her beside me and without her blood, I would slowly desiccate.

Those vampires that attacked us, they were foolish enough to think that they can overpower me. Nothing will ever throw me out of my throne, not even Dominic, and his rogues.

What made me curious was how the witches knew that an attack was about to happen and on that same day, they had planned to take my beloved.

Drowning on my own, the only thing that kept on repeating on my mind was, is there any other visioner out there?

Rosaleen was the last known person to be gifted with the visions yet the witches were able to see ahead of me and it only meant one thing, another one is alive.

"If you don't go out there in ten seconds, I'm going to wreck your door, brother!" Katherine screamed, making sure that the whole kingdom could hear her.

She started counting and before she reached two, I opened the door and with my speed, I rushed to the library and had to find the journal of visions, where my sister had written about her other visions.

"What are you doing?" Katherine said with a worried expression. "Help me find her," I told her, pleading with my eyes. Being away from Felicity has been one of the hardest things I faced, even with a lost mate bond, I still feel her.

"Oh, Dimitrius, it pains me to see you like this. She will come back," she told me. How does she know? I've done nothing but to push her away.

I took her away, punished her family, I burdened her with the prophecy and the truth of her identity. All of these are for nothing if I don't have her in my arms.

Felicity will never come back to me because I have never given her the reason. Truth is, I'm not as fearless as what others think about me. I'm powerful because I know my weaknesses and Felicity's one of them.

Once again, I'm caught lost in my thoughts when Katherine started snapping her fingers in front of me. "Were you even listening?" She questioned even though the answer was clearly evident.

"No," I told her bluntly. Then, she explained again, "The rogues attacked us hoping to capture her but the witches got to her first. I know why you're here, Dimitrius. You think that they have an ally, one like our sister," she said with a low and saddened tone.

"I believe that there is one, Katherine. A gifted soul that could see through the end of the prophecy. If the witches have her or him, then they should have long known how everything's going to end, I want to hear it myself," I told her while rambling through every journal that Rosaleen has kept.

Katherine stopped me, placing her hands on top of mine, "You and I both know what happened to the last visioner who saw and spoke of the prophecy," she said, referring to Rosaleen.