Twenty-three • Sincerity

Third Person's Point of View

The gathering between the leaders of the witches, vampires, and wolves was finally adjourned when Queen Felicity and they have agreed upon a deal. It was more like a treaty whereas she gave full access of her kingdom to the supernatural creatures even if it comes with the possibility that they may potentially destroy the human territory.

Alpha Lorenzo spoke no more word and spent no more second after Felicity's last word. Like a fast lightning, he changed into his gigantic black wolf form and ran out of the territory to come back to his pack and lead.

His transformation left Queen Felicity in awe while it only looked as a sense of pride for the others. Then, the three sorceresses bid their goodbyes to Felicity, promising that they would often visit her and still help her with fighting skills.

It wasn't clear whether everyone's happy nor they were content with the agreed decision but thankfully, sighed Felicity, things between all of them were settled. However, everything was a whole lot different for Dimitrius' side.

Why didn't she choose to be with us, with me? Why would she want to be the queen of the humans if she could rule beside me? Am I not deserving of a chance as her mate? What else could I have done to convince her?

All those questions running inside his head made him disappointed and confused rather than spiteful and furious. He would never understand her choice but he did nothing but respect it.

When it was only her and Dimitrius himself left inside the room, none of them bothered to speak. Felicity kept her eyes down as if waiting for Dimitrius to stop eyeing her with an unreadable expression.

It made her feel conscious of what he might be thinking as of the moment. Even Dimitrius didn't understand the feeling that pumped through his veins, it was like a fire inside him that burned so cold.

"Will you take me there?" Felicity quietly asked. No one told her how she could get back to her kingdom, the place she knew as home. If one thing, she knew that Dimitrius would possibly be the one to take her back since he was the first one to capture her.

Dimitrius didn't speak for what seemed like a long time. Just listening to her heartbeat and unsteady breaths, trying to make him calm. Another thing that bothered him the most was the smell of her sweet addicting blood.

The wounds from her earlier fight still leaked her blood. It wasn't helping Dimitrius' hunger and Felicity sensed it. She looked at her hands that were still bruised and had red droplets on them.

She spoke again, "Dimitrius? I wouldn't mind," referring to the fact that Dimitrius himself was struggling to keep control. He wondered to himself why Odette did not give her one of the healing potions.

He stepped towards her, slowly. The loose strands of Felicity's hair that escaped her bun were the only ones between the skin of her neck and Dimitrius' mouth.

But Dimitrius didn't take any step closer. Felicity wondered why he had done that but she froze at the moment that she felt his thumb caress the part where her neck meets her shoulder.

Of course, she didn't know anything about that action but Dimitrius knew what he was holding. It's where his mark should have been placed if Felicity has accepted him as her mate. Yes, even with a mark, the pull of the mate bond wouldn't happen.