Seventeen • Sorceress

Queen Felicity's Point of View

A throbbing pain exploded through my whole body. It was as if my veins just popped, my muscles went limp and my blood turned to ice. I couldn't move, hear, open my eyes, or anything. What just happened to me?

I distinctly remembered what had happened yesterday after I was left to talk to Rosaleen. All that I could recall was a shadow lurking from the trees and sharp sting on my neck, someone plunged a syringe in me, what was in it? I don't know for sure.

Trying to sleep was of no use, my eyes may be closed but my head feels consciousness. Am I paralyzed? How long have I been out, I wonder to myself.

Moments later, I felt another needle inserted in me and my eyes jolted open. All my senses came back, although I could only see a visible amount of light, I can feel the cold breeze along with the dreadful smell in the air.

Slowly, my eyes adjusted and that's when I realize three people standing before me. Who were they and why have they brought me here?

Before I spoke a word, I looked over to what I was wearing and to my satisfaction, I was still wearing the same clothes I had before, although it looked muddy, it was fine.

"Before you start with the 'who are you' 'why am I here' 'what do you want from me' questions, let me do the honor," one of them said.

She was a woman with brown curly hair that looked like in her late thirties. "We're not bad people if anything, we're here to protect you, train you, and make you strong. Just like the vampires, we stand by the prophecy," she said.

They took me away from one place that made me feel almost safe and now, I'm on another location. What did she mean by 'just like the vampires?' Aren't they?

"Train me for what?" I questioned which she answered, "For your fight."

My eyebrows furrowed to their own accord, confusion, and ignorance came upon me when she spoke about the prophecy. Not that I didn't care but I highly don't believe it even after everything I've learned about it.

"They'll come looking for me," I warned them but the other two women laughed, "They will but they can't. We can play nice but for your own knowledge, just know that we aren't."

Of course, they're not. Who would abduct anyone and proclaim anything about kindness? I may not be a lot of things but surely one of them is not being naive.

"What are you?" I asked them and then, the woman who first spoke to me did something that made my eyes gleam.

With the flick of her finger, fire appeared. It was a little flame that danced around the palm of her hand then, it was replaced by water. Tiny droplets of water floated around the atmosphere which was changed by a little tornado in her hands.

Everything that she did was amazing but the question still lingered. Could it be possibly true? I have heard of it before but never seen one in my life, I lived knowing that it was all a myth.

"Sorceress," I said and the three of them nodded. "I'm Genevieve, elements are my witchcraft," she said and held her hand out which I took.

The other woman also introduced herself, "Amara, I practice nature." Instead of also shaking my hand, a white rose suddenly appeared from her palm and she gave it to me.