Thirty-three • Alive

King Dimitrius Stone's Point of View

Blood. That's all I need. I am losing control, whoever's the person I am killing, all I know is that I need to satisfy this overwhelming hunger. No one has ever brought my beast upon me, I could not control him anymore. This is not me.

As I continued sucking on my prey, her sweet blood filled my system. It was taking the pain away, the poison that slowly and almost killed my heart.

I heard her whisper, her voice was familiar, the taste of her blood wasn't anything like I have ever tasted before except for one person. I knew who it was.

Mate.

"Dimitrius, you have to stop!"

"You're killing her!"

"She will die!

The more that the voices try to stop me, the more I drank blood. I couldn't stop even though I have to, she is my mate, Felicity. I battled my beast to regain control but he was slowly winning, I could feel Felicity's pulse fading.

So I did everything in my power to overpower the beast in me, now is not war against Dominic, it is against myself. I am King Dimitrius Stone, I win all my battles.

Concentrating on my rage towards Dominic, I pushed my beast at the back of my mind and the second I took control, I pulled away from Felicity's neck and wasted no time to place her gently on the floor and charge at Dominic.

I didn't know whether I was in complete control or not. All I know was that I needed to kill him, end his life for what he has done. He laid his hands on someone that wasn't his, he hurt the other half of me and he must pay.

Tackling him to the ground, I punched him multiple times that made him cough out his own blood. "You. Deserve. To. Die," I spat as my fist connected with his throat.

Dominic didn't defend himself, he had a wicked smile. "Oh, brother, but I think you took to much blood from your precious mate." I didn't listen to him, Felicity's not dead, she couldn't be.

"Heal her, Mary!" I said but when my eyes looked at hers, it was flowing with tears. No. She is not dead.

I ignored the cries that everyone wept. I shut them out, I focused on beating Dominic, he did this, he brought this upon all of us.

"You're the one to blame, Dimitrius. Don't worry, I could still fuck her even if she's dead."

His words fueled my wrath and fury. How dare he speak of Felicity like this. So I held out my knife and plunged it into him but time cheated on me. Dominic moved and instead, it landed on his shoulder.

"I will make your death slow and painful, Dominic. I promise that."

We both stood up and when his eyes turned to black, I knew his beast was out but that would be his worst mistake because he just let go of the control that he would need to defeat me.

"Listen to the beating sound, brother," he growled. I didn't understand at first of what he was talking about but then, I listened. I listened to the sound of a heartbeat, lub dub lub dub lub dub.

It was Felicity's heartbeat and the longer I listened, the fainter the sound became. Each second ticked and silence filled the room. Dominic smiled widely as my heart sank deeper.