Twenty-eight • Deception

King Dimitrius' Stone Point of View

"Find her!" My growled sounded like a volcanic eruption. I could only see red. Burning fires were upon my veins. Raging flames danced through my tainted soul. This was all my fault, I should not have let her out of my sight. Felicity Lowell meant more than anything that I have.

The witches came along with the werewolves. Everyone was as desperate as I am to know where she is. She could be anywhere with someone, someone that I wish she would never meet.

"Dimitrius, all of our tracking spells are failing. She blocked all of our magic. It's like she's not here any-" I growled even louder than the ones I did previously. Genevieve stopped before she could finish what she was about to say.

I would have at least felt it, right? Her death. I know that she's still alive. Her blood in my system did not change. She's still breathing, that's what I believe.

"My best warriors have bordered your last location, Dimitrius. We'll find her," Lorenzo reassured my anguish. I've been there myself, looking for her for hours. I tried to locate her through her scent but it was as if it was never there in the first place.

How did she vanish that fast? I did not want to think of the sole reason but I knew how. This has happened before. In thin air, she was gone, nowhere to be seen. I knew this trick. It was used on me before, to destroy the last of my humanity, to erase who I was before.

Only if Rosaleen was still alive, her comfort and her counsel would be my wisdom. The three of us, her, Katherine, and I, we worked as a family, against all odds yet I failed her. I failed my duty as her brother. She slipped away from my arms and just like that, she fell into Dominic's death trap.

Now, is different.

Felicity is a different person. A fighter, a warrior. She's someone with a fierce soul, with a fire that burned through her. Her mind is as wise, shining brighter than the moon. Most of all, she has something that Dominic never had. Felicity has her heart, her humanity. Her strongest power against him is her emotions, the ones who would drive you to do the best or the worst for something or someone that you truly love.

She loved herself.

Felicity won't give up.

I have spent years watching her grow into who she is today. Dominic won't be the one to break her, to shatter her, to crumble her personality.

Once again, I thought back to our night, our date. The ocean then, the most enjoyable dinner I have ever experienced. She just had to use the ladies' room before we were about to leave. The moon was starting to channel our beasts, the ones who take full control of us whenever it was a full moon.

But before I could put her into safety, away from me, she was already gone. Whenever I was with her, I have always asked the sorceresses to mask us, hide us from him. What failed now?

Not even the three witches' were able to know where she was. Not even the werewolves could catch her scent. Not even my vampires could find her after going through everywhere we've been. Not even myself knew where she could be.

Then, I felt something. I have never felt this way since the day my sister was taken away from us. I knew that one day I had to go through it again.