E N Z O

Summary:
You get into a fight with Damon, and Enzo comforts you.

Once again, you were left waiting at the door -anxiously tapping your foot against the floor as you waited for Damon to return

Once again, you were left waiting at the door -anxiously tapping your foot against the floor as you waited for Damon to return. Your eyes shifted to the door, and you took a deep breath as you watched him try to come inside without alerting you; but it was too late for that.

"Where the hell were you?!" You snapped at your boyfriend as he tried to quietly close the door. "Y/n- why are you awake?" He quizzed, dodging your question. "Don't you dare try to change the subject Damon- where the hell were you?" You asked once again.

"Out" The Salvatore vaguely replied as he made his way into the parlour. "I am not done with you!" You yelled as you followed him. "I want an answer" You then told him as he took a seat on the couch. "I already told you- I was out" He huffed in response.

"Out?" You scoffed angrily. "You haven't been home all day and that's the answer I get?" You shrieked at him. "Quit it y/n!" Damon boomed as he stood up, startling you. You gulped, taken aback by his response however you weren't about to drop it just yet.

"I swear to God Damon, if you don't tell me where you've been" You threatened, but it didn't seem to be working. "What? What will you do?" The vampire asked arrogantly. You sighed harshly before looking him dead in the eye and replying; "I will walk out of that door, and never come back"

"You're overreacting!" Damon snapped at you. "Overreacting?" You scoffed in disbelief. "2 weeks Damon- the same shit has been going on for 2 whole weeks; you never give me a real answer and I'm sick of it!" You cried helplessly.

"I'm tired y/n- I am not gonna do this right now" Damon muttered as he began to leave. You grabbed onto his arm, forcefully pulling him back but he swung his arm and accidentally hit your face. "y/n-" He gulped as he tried to reach towards you but you backed away.

"Stay away from me!" You cried as you left the room in a hurry, and ran out of the boarding house, tears streaming down your face. You heard Damon calling after you, pleading for you to come back but you didn't look back- not even once.

~

Sooner or later, you had arrived at your best friends house. Hesitantly, you put your hand up to the door and were about to knock, but to your surprise Enzo had already swung the door open. "y/n. What's up?" He asked when he saw your puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. "Damon" You groaned as he pulled you in for a hug. "Let's go inside" Enzo muttered as he led you into his house.

You both spent the next hour or so sitting in front of his fireplace as you told him everything that had been going on the past few weeks. Midway through explaining everything, you heard a soft chuckle leave Enzo's mouth. "It's not funny!" You whined.

"Oh come on luv, I told you not to go after my best mate and that's exactly what you go and do!" The vampire laughed. "But you didn't tell me what happened today" He then stated, suddenly becoming serious. You lifted your head from his shoulder and looked worriedly into his eyes.

"y/n it's okay, you can tell me" He spoke softly as he held both your hands comfortingly. "We sorta got into a fight and......- he slapped me" You gulped, watching as a look of anger waged over Enzo's face. "It was an accident tho!" You quickly added.

You removed one of your hands from Enzo's grasp and placed it on your cheek that was still stinging a little. Of course you knew it was an accident, but you needed a reason to be angry with him- besides, being a human that was slapped by a vampire wasn't exactly fun.

"If you need me to talk to him, don't hesitate to ask" Enzo sighed as he pulled your hand away from your cheek. "Just tell me one thing- do you know what's going on? Why he keeps coming home late?" You questioned.

You watched as your best friend sighed, a look of reluctance washing over his face as he began to speak. "Since you're human, you're an easier target for vampires" He began. "And that didn't pass so easily by Katherine- so when she found out about you, she made it her mission to kill you- Damon and Stefan have been trying their hardest to push Katherine away.., to get her to leave town but she won't go- not until she has you" Enzo explained, his eyes searching your face for a response.

"I don't understand" You scoffed lightly. "Wh.. -Why didn't he just tell me?" You whispered, earning a soft smile from Enzo as he put his arm over your shoulder, pulling you closer to him. "Because Damon knew that you'd want to help; and we all know how stubborn you are when you make your mind up about something, so he didn't want to risk involving you in the plan" Enzo continued.

"He loves you more than anyone y/n, I've seen the way he is around you. He's afraid of losing you- and sometimes that will make him lash out and do stupid things, but that's a relationship right? Good and bad" Enzo smiled softly at you.

"You're right. So I want to fight alongside him" You stated as you stood up. "Where are you going?" Enzo quizzed as he stood up after you. "Home" You simply responded. "I love you Enzo- Thanks for always being there for me " You whispered as you planted a kiss on his cheek before leaving.