K A I

Summary:
you're a powerful witch who made a deal with Elena to save her friends, but when you get to the prison world, you're met with an unexpected surprise

^

"I need something of Bonnie's too" You sigh, taking Damon's shirt from his brother. "Will this work?" Elena asks, taking off her ring. "If it's connected to Bonnie, then yes" You answer. "She's the one who made it" Elena smiles sadly. "Then it'll do just fine" You grin, taking it from her. "Right, I'll need candles" You announce. "Can't you just conjure them up? I thought you were supposed to be a powerful witch?" Stefan scoffs. "Powerful as in I'll kill you without even touching you- now get me some candles" You state sternly. The younger Salvatore sighs heavily before walking off to gather some candles.

Once he is back, you begin the ritual. "When I'm gone, promise me one thing" You say, your eyes on Elena. "What is it?" She questions. "Wait for me to wake up when I return" You smile lightly and she nods. You then close your eyes and hover you hand above the two items that belong to Damon and Bonnie. You take a deep breath, focusing all your energy onto the shirt and ring. "Aren't you gonna use a spell? Or at least chant something? That's what Bonnie does" Stefan interjects. "No Stefan, that's what amateurs do" You snap back. "Now shut up I need silence" You mutter before returning your focus onto the items.

All of a sudden, your nose starts bleeding and wind starts to form around you. "y/n are you sure this is what's supposed to happen?" You hear Elena ask and you reply with a single nod. A bright light starts to shine and you close your eyes, struggling to keep them shut tight. "It's happening. Get back, both of you" You warn as the light flashes violently, transporting you into the prison world.

Moments later, you open your eyes, slightly confused. You get up from the ground, patting  yourself down. You were standing on the Salvatore's front porch. Once you've got a grip of yourself, you walk towards the front door. Inside, Bonnie and Damon are talking when they hear a knock. "What the hell was that?" Bonnie gulps. "A knock" Damon states skeptically. "Yeah I know that, smartass. But there isn't anyone here Damon" Bonnie sighs. "It's probably Kai" Damon shrugs as he gets up to answer the door. "Damon, when does Kai ever knock!" The young witch snaps as she follows him. "Bonnie you're overreacting" Damon scowls as he opens the door, revealing you.

The two of them stop in their tracks, their eyes wide open, full of shock and horror. "Of course I'd like to come in, thank you so much for asking" You scoff sarcastically as you push past the two of them. "Wow. Over twenty years and nothing has changed" You whisper to yourself as you look around the house. "Chop chop, I don't have all day" You sigh, striding into the lounge. "What the hell just happened" Bonnie finally speaks. She looks up at Damon, and he simply gulps, truly confused. "Come on, let's go see" The witch then suggests as she shuts the front door and follows you into the lounge.

As you're pouring a drink for yourself, the two of them walk in silently. "You're probably wondering who I am" You grin as you turn towards them. "Well" You say, taking a sip of your bourbon. "You should sit down" You tell them both. You see them hesitate for a moment before they both sit down on the couch. "I'm here to save you" You continue, taking another sip from your glass. "Save us?" Damon scoffs. "We've tried everything. I'm a witch for god sake, if there was a way to get out, I would've got us out by now" Bonnie snaps.

"Here's the thing Bon-bon, you may be a witch but you're far from powerful" You chuckle. "How the hell do you know my name?" She gulps. "Who do you think sent me here?" You groan at them both. "Come on, you know! She loves you both very much! You know who it is" You urge, and suddenly, you see a glimpse of hope in Damon's eyes. "Elena" He mutters. You simply nod and gulp down the rest of your bourbon before putting the glass down. "You're lying" Bonnie states. "Am I?" You scoff. "Who are you?" She asks. "Like I said, I'm here to save you" You grin at her.

"Motis!" She yells, but nothing happens. Your grin turns into an evil smirk and you can't help but love how uncomfortable you make Bonnie feel. "I'm probably the most powerful witch in this realm and every other- you don't wanna get on my bad side" You state coldly. "How are we getting out of here?" Damon perks up. "I just need to find something that can create a link to the our reality" You sigh as you look around the room. "How about the ascendant?" Damon questions. "The what?" You scoff.

But before Damon can answer your question, the front door opens and then closes with a bang. "We should probably get started with the-" A young man begins as he walks into the room, but stops in his tracks when he sees you. "She's a witch. She's here to help us" Bonnie speaks. "Yeah I know who she is" The man scoffs. "Kai" You whisper before running upto him, pulling him into a bone crushing hug. "Could this day get any weirder?" Damon groans.

"How are you here?" Kai finally asks when he pulls away. "I'm a witch- take a guess" You scoff sarcastically. "It's been a while" You then add. "18 years to be exact" Kai sighs. "When they said they exiled you to a prison world- i never knew which one. Because if i did, I would've found you a lot sooner" You state, on the verge of tears. "Hey, it's okay. You've found me now" Kai smiles reassuringly. "This is getting a little awkward" Damon butts in. "Yeah. We've never seen you act so nice" Bonnie scoffs at Kai. "And how do you two know each other anyway? I'm guessing boyfriend girlfriend" Damon huffs, trying to figure out the relation between you two.

"We were friends." You chuckle. "Best friends actually" Kai corrects you. "But then he did some stuff and his coven weren't exactly the forgiving type so they exiled him here- as a punishment" You explain. "Yeah, we know that bit. He just never mentioned you" Bonnie adds. "Are you deaf? I've mentioned her several times. Girl who killed her entire coven? Ring a bell?" Kai scoffs. "That. Was you?" Damon asks with a shaky voice. "It was" You sigh. "But I'm not here to reminisce over the past. I'm here to save all your asses" You smirk.