E L I J A H

Summary:
he realises he won't ever be able to give you a family, so he decides to break up with you

Hayley was out of town for a few days and had asked you to look after Hope; and of course being the generous person you are, you agreed

Hayley was out of town for a few days and had asked you to look after Hope; and of course being the generous person you are, you agreed. You had always loved babies and always wanted some of your own. That was until you started dating an original vampire, whom you loved very much.

You placed Hope in her crib as you read her a bedtime story. "Hope please. Put that down" You whined as she picked up a teddy bear and aimed it at you. She giggled in her own baby language before throwing the teddy bear at you. You huffed as you picked the teddy bear up and laughed.

"Ugh why do you have to be so damn cute" You sighed as you kissed Hope on the cheek. "Come on, get some sleep" You then said as you tucked her into bed. "I love you" You whispered. "I ove yo" She repeated. "What?" You asked as your eyes widened. "Did you just say?" You whispered in disbelief. "Elijah!" You squealed. "Lijah!" You called again. "What's wrong?" He asked as he rushed in.

You looked at him with tears in your eyes. "She said I love you" You smiled. Elijah grinned at you before rushing over. "Hope. I love you" You smiled at her. "I ove yo" She giggled. You looked over at Elijah before pulling him in for a hug. "This is amazing!" You squealed. "We should tell Hayley" He then announced. "Yeah. Go phone her" You ushered him. "Okay" He chuckled as he left the room. You looked back down at Hope to see that she was falling asleep. "I love you" You whispered as you placed a kiss on her forehead. "Ove yo" she yawned.

Later that night, you decided to spend some time with your boyfriend. "Cuddle with me Lijah" You smiled as you pulled him onto the couch. "Sure" He replied as he pulled the blanket over both of you. You smiled up at him but noticed that he had a frown on his face.

You got up and sat in front of him. "What's up?" You asked as you placed his face in your hands. "Nothing. I'm fine" He smiled softly as he placed his hands on top of yours. "You're not fine Elijah" You scolded. "Now spill" You then demanded. "I love you" He whispered. "And I love you too" You replied. "But" He sighed. "I don't think we should be together anymore" He gulped.

"What?" You whispered as you moved your hands away from his face. "Why would you say that" You asked with fear. "Because... I see you with Hope, and I see how happy you are. And it hurts me to know that I could never give you that. A family. A child" He said with tears rolling down his cheeks. "Oh Lijah" You sighed as you put your forehead against his.

"I have you, that's enough" You cried. "But is it really?" He scoffed. "Yes. I mean it would've been nice if we could have a family but we have each other. And so long as we have your siblings and Hope surrounding us, it feels like we're all part of a big family." You smiled as you placed a kiss on his forehead. "I love you. A lot" Elijah said before pulling you into a tight hug. "I love you too" You whispered against his chest.