K L A U S

Summary:
you're in a secret relationship with him because he doesn't want anyone knowing about the two of you, and you finally find out why

(part 2)

"A pageant is supposed to represent poise and elegancy" You scoff as you lean against the wall, your eyes focused on Hayley. "What's that supposed to mean?" She snaps at you, continuing to fix her hair, but sending a glance your way through the mirror. "Well I guess I just didn't expect you to be slutting it up with the big bad hybrid" You chuckle. "Excuse me?!" The werewolf yelps, turning around in her chair to face you. You shake your head lightly, laughing to yourself. "Guys we're ready for you" Caroline calls from outside the room. "This is it" You sigh as you stand up straight. "Try not to fall into anyone's pants and accidentally get pregnant" You wink at Hayley before leaving the room.

You wait impatiently at the top of the staircase as the names of the contestants get called one by one. "Miss y/n y/l/n" Caroline announces, and everyone claps as you walk down the stairs. You'd asked Klaus to be your escort, but since he refused, Damon had offered to step in and be your partner instead. "You look good" The blue-eyed vampire smirks as you reach the end of the staircase. "A compliment from Damon Salvatore? Now that's rare" You giggle, taking the arm that he is holding out for you.

By the time the dances are over, you're too tired to care about who won, so you decide to sit aside in the courtyard with Damon. The two of you were peacefully talking when suddenly Caroline starts screaming at you. "y/n they're announcing the winner! Get off your ass and go!" She yells, pulling you up from your seat. "Okay okay" You groan, following her inside and joining the standing ovation as the Mayor finishes his speech.

"I would now like to announce this year's Miss Mystic Falls- The winner of our crown is ..... Hayley Marshall" The announcer states, and everyone starts whooping and cheering. You roll your eyes as the brunette walks up to the stage, a large smirk plastered across her smug face as she claims her crown.

"I'd just like to make a small speech" She grins into the microphone. "Someone once told me that pageant's were about poise and elegancy. Too bad she was neither but a jealous whore whose probably standing in the crowd, cursing me in her head. You know who you are" She winks before walking off stage. You growl lightly, not wanting to make a scene in front of all the people. "Hayley!" You call as you see her walk outside. "What was that?!" You snap as you strut after her, following her into the courtyard. "Get a little perspective y/n. Klaus would never go for someone like you" She scoffs. "

"Too bad, I already did" You hear Klaus chuckle from behind you, and you turn around to see him smirking at you. "What are you doing here?" You quiz, clearly annoyed. "I didn't want you making a scene luv" He sighs in your ear. "Can we please talk about what happened?" He asks with a small frown. "There's nothing to talk about!" You shout, letting your rage get the best of you. "I think you should go, before you do something stupid" Hayley guffaws at you. "You mean like have a kid and then keep them a secret from my partner? Oh wait, that was him" You spit at Klaus before walking off.

"You know, if she wasn't such a bitch, I think we'd get along pretty well" Hayley sighs. "You did this on purpose" Klaus snaps at her. "You never ring me when it's my turn! You always get Elijah to drop her off! You did this to get between me and y/n!" He bellows. "No Klaus, I rang you because I was running late for the pageant. And you must be delusional if you think this is my fault. Last I checked, I'm not the one who kept our daughter a secret from your girlfriend!" Hayley yells back at him.

"From what I've seen, it seems to me that you're jealous " Klaus scoffs at the werewolf. "Jealous of what?" Hayley snorts at his remark. "Jealous of y/n. She's better than you- she's  always going to be better than you, and you know that if it ever came down to it, I would choose her over you in a heartbeat. Either way, I'm glad she found out about Hope- because now I can introduce them to each other. And who knows? Maybe Hope will also choose her over you" The big bad hybrid grins before walking off.