D A M O N

Summary:
you're feeling a little down and he makes you feel better

Being new was never easy- especially in a town with so many different species. You'd been living here for almost 10 years, but you were still alone; and everyone around you constantly reminded you of that. Elena had Bonnie and Caroline. Matt had Tyler. And although Stefan and Damon fought almost all the time; they still had each other.

You may have been a bubbly, joyful person on the outside, but on the inside? You were hurting, more than you'd ever let on. Your parents had died in a fire when you were younger , and there was never a day that went by where you wished it was you, and not them. You knew it was selfish, but you wanted to feel something- anything, besides the eternal darkness inside of you; eating you up like a parasite.

.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Damon smiles lightly as he approaches you. You shake your head slightly, looking up to see everyone having the time of their lives. "What am I doing here?" You scoff. "It's a party?" The eldest Salvatore replies skeptically. "Not here Damon, I mean here- Mystic Falls" You groan. "You live here" He states. "Yeah but, I'm living a lie" You chuckle bitterly. "What's that supposed to mean?" The blue eyed vampire quizzes as he sits down beside you.

"You know how they say home is where the heart is?" You ask, and he hums in response. "I've been living here for nearly a decade. Yet I still don't feel like I belong. Sometimes I feel so alone- so scared that no one loves me." You sigh. "Go enjoy your party Damon, you don't have to listen to me being dramatic" You then giggle, but his face softens as he takes your hand.

"Y/n, whether you see it or not, you're the best thing that's ever happened to this town. You brought us all together, you always fix our wrong doings and you're always taking care of us. You're so important to us and it pains me that you can't see that" He whispers, and you notice his voice crack ever so slightly.

"I- I don't know what I'm supposed to say" You stutter, and you feel his hold tightening on your hand. "You don't have to say anything. Just promise me one thing" He states, and you nod your head. "Don't feel alone" He whispers softly. "Don't feel like you don't belong, because you do. I don't know how I can get you to see that, but you need to know that you're loved" He smiles lightly, scanning over your face through his watery blue eyes.