K A I

Summary:
you're a powerful witch who made a deal with Elena to save her friends, but when you get to the prison world, you're met with an unexpected surprise
(part 2)

^

"What's taking him so long?" You groan. Kai had gone out to retrieve the ascendant- it was the only thing linking the four of you , and was the only thing that could help you get back. Without it, you'd be stuck in the prison world forever; and not even your magic could help you escape. You were growing more impatient by the second and decided to go look for him yourself.

"Don't move" You tell Bonnie and Damon before leaving the Boarding house, in search of Kai. It wasn't a long walk to the nearby forest, and once you saw the abandoned church in sight, you knew exactly where Kai was- in the tomb below it. "Kai!" You call out as you run towards the back end of the church, finding a set of stairs that wind down towards the tomb.

"Finally- you're here" Kai groans when you rush into the tomb, almost as if he was expecting you to be there. "What?" You sigh, trying to catch your breath. "We don't have much time, the eclipse will be happening soon" The warlock then concludes as he paces around the tomb, gathering apparatus. "Kai!" You snap, and he stops abruptly.

"What are you talking about?" You question, and he tilts his head, squinting his eyes at you. "The ascendant only works when the sun and moon pass at a specific point. You're the only one whose magic works, so you can't miss our chance" He explains all in one go, in a 'duh' type of way, as if you were already supposed to know that. "Okay, well let me just go get the other two" You sigh, about to take off when he grabs your arm.

"You're kidding right?" He quizzes. "Why would I be kidding?" You scoff, pulling your arm out of his grasp. "I thought you were lying to distract them. I didn't actually think you'd come here to save them!" Kai yells. "Elena sent me to save them, I can't let her down" You sigh. "Since when do you care what other people think? And since when do you let other people tell you what to do?" He mocks. You sigh heavily, rolling your eyes at him. "This isn't the y/n I knew" He then mutters.

"Well did you ever think that maybe the y/n you knew is gone? The old y/n was a bitch. She did whatever she needed to get what she wanted. She killed her entire coven, and no one could love her because she couldn't be trusted! - I'm not her anymore! I grew up, I changed my ways and I started being a good person. Why can't you understand that Kai? I've finally found a chance at having a friend. Someone I can trust and put my faith in. Don't ruin this for me" You whimper.

"So you can't trust me?" Kai scoffs. "Apparently not! You wanted me to save you and leave Bonnie and Damon behind" You snap back at him. "It's always been just the two of us! Through thick and thin. You can't just dump me for them!" He shouts, turning around to stop you from seeing the tears in his eyes. "I don't have anyone else y/n. You know that" He whispers.

"Kai" You mutter his name, shifting towards him and taking his hands in yours. "You're my best friend., You're a terrible one that's for sure, -but I don't blame you." You smile at him. "Are you trying to make me feel better? Cause it's not working" He chuckles softly. "All i'm saying is that the people in Mystic Falls don't know you. So look at this as your chance to start fresh, because no one is judging you for your past mistakes. When we leave this prison world, we'll leave the old Kai behind too"