K L A U S

Summary:
He cheated on you with Caroline, but realised how stupid of a mistake it was and tries to get you back. (part 3)

It had all happened so fast; one second, he was hugging his sister, the next- her body lay on the floor, a dagger sticking out of her back. Before words could even be exchanged, Klaus had picked his sister up and sped away, leaving you with shock and disbelief.

_______

"It's not your fault y/n" Elijah reassured you as he wrapped his arms around you, your face buried in his shoulders, and your tears staining his suite. "I- I didn't think he'd actually k-kill her" You cried, not being able to stop the scene of Klaus daggering his own sister from replaying in your head.

After he'd fled with her body, your first instinct was to warn Elijah, so you'd gotten into your car and drove to the Mikaelson's house. After telling Elijah everything, you couldn't help but burst out into tears. Of course it wasn't your fault, but you were scared- Scared that Klaus had gone back to his old ways, and that there was no stopping him.

The front door opened, and then shut; causing you to sniffle lightly as you pulled your head up from Elijah's shoulder. "Well well, aren't we cosy?" Klaus' sarcastic voice rung through the air. "Klaus" You whispered as you stood up from the couch. His eyes were locked on you, his smirk slowly fading away when he realised you'd been crying. "Niklaus, where is our sister?" Elijah quizzed as he stood beside you.

"In a coffin. With the rest of our siblings" The hybrid replied, his previous smirk returning as he glanced over at his brother. "You cannot keep lashing out like this! She is your sister! You can't keep putting her back in that box every time she gets on your bad side!" Elijah snapped at his brother. "Whatever. I'm off to get a drink" Klaus stated bluntly as he walked away. "Klaus!" You called as you followed him out into the hallway.

"You didn't have to kill her Klaus!" You snapped as you grabbed his arm, forcing him to turn around. "You're an only child y/n, you've never had siblings, so you don't know what it's like" The hybrid retorted. "Maybe. But even I know that she didn't deserve it. I'm not even going to explain why, because frankly enough, I think I'll go mad if I have to say it out loud one more time" You scoffed at the original.

"No offence y/n, but you're just a human. You're weak, fragile, and naive. Being cheated on is the least of your problems; you're basically a sore thumb sticking out in the midst of an entire town of supernaturals- you're just too much of a fool to realise that" Klaus spoke coldly, his eyes staying glued to yours, making you feel uncomfortable.
You watched as he left the house, his words stinging you now, more than ever.

____

Of course the hybrid didn't mean any of it, but no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't convince yourself that everything he said was what he truly felt about you.

As you sat in the parlour of the Mikaelson's house, lost in your thoughts, Elijah frantically walked in. "What's up?" You quizzed as he picked his jacket up and put it on. "Niklaus causing chaos once again. I need to go sort this out, I'll be back in a bit" The original explained as he looked over at you, noticing that you were now standing up. "I'm coming with you" You announced, however Elijah was ready to oppose; "I don't want you to get hurt y/n, you're staying here" He stated. "Elijah, he is out there killing innocent people- my wellbeing really isn't that important right now" You scoffed in defence. The original let out a sigh, before agreeing to let you go with him.

As the two of you arrived at the compound, you could already hear the aching yells of pain from whoever Klaus was trying to kill. You rushed in with Elijah, to see a crowd of vampires surrounding Klaus as he repeatedly plunged an iron rod into another man's chest. "When I told you that today wasn't the day to mess with me, you should've listened" Klaus spat as he slowly twisted and turned the iron rod whilst it was still inside the man's chest.

"Niklaus!" Elijah's voice boomed throughout the compound, all eyes snapping towards him. "Well, if it isn't my oh so noble brother and his sidekick" Klaus scoffed when he saw you standing with him. "Get out of here" Elijah muttered, sending the rest of the vampires away. You watched as they all fled, leaving only the four of you- Klaus, Elijah, the man with an iron rod in his chest, and you.

"Step away from Marcellus" Elijah commanded, finally revealing the name of the vampire. "I do not take orders from anyone- especially not you" Klaus growled at him. You knew there wasn't anything you could do, but you still decided to step in anyways. "Klaus, this is just stupid. You can't lash out on other people because of me" You sighed at him, taking a few steps closer, until you were mere inches apart. You watched as he furrowed his brows, before a smirk crept its way onto his lips. "Not everything is about you y/n. Maybe you should get your head out of your arse" The Original chuckled before forcefully pulling the iron rod out of 'Marcellus'.

You watched as the vampire yelled out in excruciating pain, not able to handle it any longer- and so without notice, you managed to swiftly grab the rod from Klaus. "Oh come on y/n, we both know you don't have the guts to do anything with that" He insulted. You looked him dead in the eye before whacking the iron rod against his face, causing him to lose his balance and stumble backwards. You let out a small sigh before opening your mouth to speak: "I don't know who the hell you think I am Klaus, but don't you dare talk to me like that. You wanna keep playing the victim? Fine. But just know that I will be there, every step of the way, to remind you of the cruel hearted bastard you really are"