Chapter 1

I woke up in the morning, disoriented. What was I doing in the desert? I was even more confused when I looked up above me and saw Temari, looking at me. How did I end up in Naruto? 

I don't remember anything unusual happening to me until now. I was just a normal girl, doing homework and watching anime, then I suddenly end up in one of my favorites. 

I looked at myself, wondering why I was so small. Then, I saw it. I was a puppy! Well, a strangely colored wolf pup with wings, really. Every time I imagined going to Naruto, I never thought I would be a dog! And I was here pretty early, too. Temari didn't even have her fan yet. 

She picked me up and ran off to show me to someone. Next thing I know, I'm in the Kazekage's office, and Temari was asking him if she could keep me.

"If Yashamaru agrees to help and make sure you are taking care of it, I don't care." He answered.

Temari squealed and ran off, I'm guessing to ask Yashamaru. I hoped that he would be ok with me staying here. I had no were else to go. Plus, I had already decided that I would be Gaara's dog. He was lonely and misunderstood for most of his life. 

Temari burst into Gaara's room to ask Yashamaru if she could keep me. His finger was bleeding just like after he explained wounds of the heart to Gaara. So that's where I was on the timeline. Oh man, that means Yashamaru would die soon. I got here just in time to bond with Gaara some before he becomes too lonely.

"Yashamaru look!" Temari yelled. "I found a puppy. Dad said that I can keep it if you say it's ok."

Before Yashamaru could answer, I wiggled out of Temari's arms and ran over to Gaara. His sand didn't stop me from running up to him and sitting at his feet.

"Hello." I barked to him. "I don't want to be Temari's dog. She might make me play dress up and I am hot enough already."

He didn't understand a word I said, but seemed to understand that I wanted him to pick me up. He looked down in surprise when his sand didn't stop him from touching me. It might have been because I was not scared of Gaara and I didn't want to hurt him.

"Well, look at that." Yashamaru exclaimed. "It looks like she wants to be Gaara's pet instead. And, Temari, this is a wolf pup, not a dog. She might be dangerous."

"But Yashamaru, I saw her first." Temari whined.

"It would be safer if she were Gaara's pet, Temari. His sand will protect him if she decides to attack him, while you wouldn't be able to defend yourself."

"Fine, but I still want to be able to play with her sometimes. So, what are you going to name her?"

"I don't know." Gaara said slowly.

Everyone was silent as they thought of a name for me. I couldn't tell them my name was Kate, so I just had to trust that they would find a good name. 

Kankuro came in while they were thinking. He looked at me, curious. He was probably wondering why I was with Gaara instead of fearing him like most other animals.

"Who's this?" He asked.

Temari answered, "This is Gaara's new pet. I found her, but she likes Gaara more. We are trying to find a name for her."

"What about Shi?" Kankuro asked.

"No. That's too short. We need something that would match her better. Who names a wolf pup Shi?" Gaara answered.

 I licked his cheek in thanks. I didn't want to be named Shi. I wanted a name that was at least a little like my real name.

"How about we each pick a name and she gets to choose?" Yashamaru suggested.

I wagged my tail and yipped at his suggestion. "It looks like she agrees, so I guess I do." Gaara said. Temari and Kankuro also agreed. They all thought of a name. Gaara put me in the middle of the room and all of them walked to a different part of the room. They started calling for me.

"Shi! Come here Shi!" I'll bet you can guess who called that. Kankuro was out of the running.

"Mizuki! Here girl!" Temari wanted me to have the same name as the jerk who tricked Naruto in the first episodes. No way.

"Kiri, come here! Kiri!" Gaara called. I might pick that name. It's pretty close to mine.

"Kira! Here Kira!" Yashamaru called. Ok, I was picking that name. It was from Death Note, another anime I like. In English it ment killer, fitting for a wolf.

 I ran over to Yashamaru, sitting in front of him and wagging my tail. 

"Looks like her name's Kira. Sorry guys. But she still is your pet, Gaara. You'll have to take good care of her. If you want, I can ask Lord Kazekage to hire a ninja dog user to train her."

"Thank you, Yashamaru! She will be the best pet ever."

 I grinned a wolfy grin and ran over to Gaara, wagging my tail. I jumped at him and he caught me in his arms. Once again, he looked surprised that his sand didn't try to protect him. 

Kankuro, Yashamaru, and Temari noticed, too. Yashamaru looked at me curiously, while Temari and Kankuro dismissed it. 

"Looks like your mother thinks that she would be a good pet for you, too. The sand isn't attacking Kira." Yashamaru pointed out.

"See, Kira, we're going to be partners." Gaara told me.

"I can't wait. And I will do my best to protect you. Do wolves have chakra? It would be awesome if I did. I'll practice that on my own, though. I wouldn't want to accidentally hurt you." I rambled on, excited. 

This might not have been what I hoped for, but it seems that I was brought here for a reason. And, as a dog, I can't change the timeline too much. Whoever sent me here thought this through. I don't mind, though. Gaara needs a companion. It might make it easier to get Naruto's lesson later on.