Chapter 27

As I flew back to the Leaf, I planned out what I would do to make sure that Hidan and Kakuzu were still killed by Shikamaru's plans. The only reason Shika had been able to kill them so quickly was because his rage spurned his planning. He was able to defeat them two weeks after the first fight!

The more I thought about it, the more certain I became. They still needed to see Asuma die to be motivated. And the only way they could see that is if they look at my memory of it. I had practiced the mind reading jutsu on one of my clones before, but hadn't actually done it on someone else. I'd have to rely on Ino to only show what I wanted her to.

As soon as the gates were in my sight, I landed and, with some concentration, I pulled my wings back into myself. The good news: it worked! The bad news: I had two good sized holes in my shirt close to my shoulder blades. I'd have to wear shirts with a lower back from now on.

Izumo and Kotetsu were still behind me with the others, so I just used the camouflage jutsu to get back into the village. I didn't want to try to explain what happened to the temporary guards. I rushed straight to the Hokage Tower, making myself visible before jumping into the window.

"Hey, Lady Tsunade! Sorry to rush away so fast, but it was an emergency. Don't worry, the shinobi involved are still alive, although a bit shocked."

She looked startled, before shaking her head and sighing.

"Your special knowledge, correct? Who were the shinobi involved, and did you get checked by a nurse before rushing from the hospital?"

"To the first question: Asuma's team, a long with two akatsuki members. To the second one ..." I smiled and rubbed the back of my head, blushing in embarrassment, "no, I was in too much of a hurry."

She leveled an "I'm upset but I knew you would do that" state at me, and I rushed to explain.

"H-hey, it's not my fault! If I hadn't left right away Asuma would have died. I almost didn't make it as it was."

"And revealed yourself to the akatsuki at the same time, no doubt."

"I didn't, honest. All the information I revealed could have been discovered by a spy. I didn't reveal anything about myself!"

She shot me another look, this time of disbelief. She knew I talked too much for my own good. Now that I thought about it, they might actually be able to find out who I was from what I said. Great. I need a better brain to mouth filter. Or one in the first place.

"You know what, never mind. I did give enough hints that they might find out I was Gaara's dog, but they would have come after me, anyway, what with how I defeated Hidan so easily."

She sighed again, before calling for Shizune to take me back to the hospital. I only went with her when she promised to sent Asuma's team to meet up with me as soon as they were done giving their report.

Shizune checked me out herself at the hospital, all the while reprimanding me for being so reckless. It was nothing new to me. Ninja had to be reckless sometimes to get results. I mean, look at Naru. He's reckless all the time but is one of the strongest ninja in the world.

It didn't take much longer before Shika and his squad showed up. Shika was complaining, of course, and Asuma wasn't here. He was probably with Kurenai. He had just heard he was supposed to die, after all.

"What a drag, why'd you want to talk to us, Kira?"

"Shikamaru, stop being so rude! Can't you see that she's in the hospital? She must have gotten hurt!" Ino scolded Shika.

"No, nothing like that." I said with a chuckle. "But I will need you to promise me something, Ino."

"Huh, what?"

"I'm going to let you see what would have happened. Then, Shika will have all the same info he had before and the Leaf will be up to date."

"Why can't you just tell us everything?" Asked Choji.

"It would probably change the future so much that she wouldn't be able to help at all. It might even cause a paradox that kills everyone. Either way, it's troublesome."

I swear dropped, but nodded.

"Yeah, that's right. I can only give you knowledge of what you would already know. Then everything can move forward like it should have. Anyway, Ino, I want you to promise to only look at and show them what I'm thinking of while you are doing the technique. Can you promise me that you will do that?"

"Of course! Any help you can give us is enough for me."

And with that, we started. I didn't show them why Hidan and Kakuzu were called back, only what they would have known. (I'm not going to describe everything. Watch the videos below if you don't know what would have happened.)

After it was over, all of them looked at me, shocked and crying. Ino rushed from the room and Choji, with an apologetic look back, rushed after her. When it was just Shika and I, I got up and walked over too him, squeezing him in a hug. Ino had Choji to comfort her, but right now Shika was alone, much like after Asuma really died.

"Do you want to know what Asuma told you?" I asked him. "It was private and ment only for your ears, so I didn't let the others know."

"Yes. You said that this is what we would have known, so I'd have to know, anyway. I know that something as important as Asuma Sensei's last words would influence how I think and act."

He seemed to still be in shock, though his mind was as sharp as ever.

"Yeah, it does. But I didn't want to tell you if you didn't want to know. He tells you that the King in shogi that the shinobi pieces protect stands for the children, who are our future. Then he tells you that Kurenai is pregnant, and asks you to help raise his child."

Shika sent me a sharp look.

"It would have happened just like you showed me, right? With Hidan's strange jutsu and him laughing and enjoying himself while Asuma Sensei dies?"

"Yes. I showed you, now do what you are known for. Think up a brilliant strategy to stop them from killing anyone else. But, don't do it alone. That's what lead Sasuke to be the person he is today. Rely on your team, and you'll be fine. Be careful, though. Your winning isn't guaranteed, but that's a small price to pay for Asuma's life."

"Don't worry, I'm not some reckless idiot with an oversized ego, but I will kill them both."

He left to strategize after that, and I left him to it. I knew they'd be fine, and Shika would use the knowledge I gave them to make a brilliant plan. But for now, I was stuck listening to Shizune's lectures again.