Chapter 11

I wandered off, looking for the hot springs where Naru and Jiriya meet. I could follow their scents from there. It was getting on in the afternoon, so they were most likely not there anymore. 

After about an hour of walking, I had a brilliant thought. I could fly around and search from above. How did I not think of this sooner? Sometimes, I'm such an idiot. 

Shaking my head at my own stupidity, I took off into the air. There was only one hot spring in the Hidden Leaf, so I found it pretty quickly. Landing near the entrance, I found Naruto's scent. Soon, it mixed with someone else's. That was probably Pervy Sage. Ya know what, I think I'm gonna keep calling him that.

I sniffed him out pretty quickly. Naru and him were already at the stream, working on chakra control. when Naru saw me, he stopped training for a bit to say hey.

"Hi, it's you again! Thanks again for helping us fight the snake guy in the forest!" When Naru said that, Pervy Sage quit peaping at the swimming girls and looked at me. I could plainly see the caution and curiosity in his eyes.

"No problem. Orochimaru was asking for it." I started thinking more about him. His white skin and black clothes and hair made him look sort of like an Oreo. That's it! I'll call him Oreomaru from now on!

"Hey, Naruto, who's the dog?" Pervy Sage asked.

"I'm Kira!" I said, while Naruto started scratching his head, trying to remember.

"She's Gaara's pet." He said at last. Then, he continued, embarrassed "I don't remember her name, though."

"The Hokage told me about a special wolf that can use chakra, is that her?" Pervy Sage asked. So, the Hokage told him about me. I wonder why?

"She used jutsu, if that's what you mean." He answered, while I nodded.

"So, she's the cursed girl." Pervy sage muttered, too low for Naru to hear. "I remember," He said loudly, "Her name is Kira! Right?"

"Yup, that's me." I answered, nodding again. 

Tilting my head at him, I gave him a glare and a warning he wouldn't really understand, but would get soon enough. 

"If I catch you peeping on any girls, I'll electrocute you so bad you won't ever do it around me again!" He shivered at my glare, but seemed to get what I was thinking of. After all, he had been peeping just a minute ago.

"Hey, Naruto, why don't you get back to your training? We can't spend all day hanging out with friends."

As Naru got back to training, Pervy Sage beckoned me to come over to him. When I did, he started asking me questions, making sure Naru didn't hear.

"So, Sarutobi Sensei tells me that you are actually human and have the gift of 'knowing things', is that right?"

"Yup, that's how I explained it to him." I answered, nodding.

"So, I take it you know things about me as well?"

"Yes. I know that you are a Pervy Peeping Tom, among other things." I answered, nodding again.

The 'other things' part got me thinking of his first students in the Rain Village. He saw my look turn sad, and soon became sad himself. He must have been thinking of the sad things he went through, trying to find out what I was thinking of.

We were brought out of our thoughts when Naru splashed into the stream again. Pervy Sage now noticed the Five Prong Seal that Oreomaru added to the Fourth's seal. 

He tricked Naru into letting him get rid of it, then tricked him again, making him think that being punched in the stomach, sending you flying backwards, was a relaxation technique. 

I shook my head, this time at Naru. He was so gullible. He believes everyone and always sees the best in them. Even though this made him easier to trick, it was still what I admired most about him. That and his drive to never give up.

Now that Naru could do the walking on water technique right, Pervy Sage showed him how to do the summoning jutsu. 

I watched them carefully, memorizing the hand signs and amount of chakra he used. Then, I used the same amount, focusing on the outcome I wanted. I just wanted to be able to summon a scroll for now so I could sign a contract.

Looking back now, I really should have expected that my plan wouldn't work. I had seen it happen in the show. Pervy Sage tried to summon an animal without signing a contract first, and ended up on Mount Myoboku. 

The same thing happened to me, except I popped up somewhere different. I landed in Tsuki-Ôkami Forest (Moon-Wolf Forest). (Yes, I made it up. The pic at the beginning of the Chap is Tsuki-Ôkami Forest.)

--------------- Jiraiya POV ---------------

I was watching Kira closely while Showing Naruto how to do the summoning jutsu. Sensei had told me about her, saying to keep an eye on her if I met her. 

He wanted my opinion on whether she was a threat to the Village or not. At first, I didn't see the point. Why watch a cursed girl-turned-dog when I could do my research instead?

The first look I got at her chakra didn't help, either. She seemed to have almost no chakra at all. Remembering the Hyuga's report, I searched for Kira's hidden chakra. It was supposed to be very powerful. Just when I was about to conclude that the Hyuga had been mistaken, I broke through.

Kira's chakra was amazing. It was overwhelmingly powerful, and I could sense some darkness in it. This chakra was more powerful than a tailed beast's, had the healing quality of the Uzumaki's, and something else that I'd never sensed before.

 Her chakra had a strange uniqueness, like she was the only person in the world with it. It spoke tales of latent abilities and life saving discoveries.

But, even with the power and darkness, her chakra was light, kind, and protective. In it, I could sense her strong desire to help and protect her loved ones and friends. 

Kira would never intentionally hurt someone for no reason. The village was safe from her. The only thing Sensei would have to worry about would be someone trying to kidnap her. 

The risk for this, however, was minimal. Her chakra was hidden very well. Only those digging hard would be able to discover the secrets hidden in it.

Then, as I was watching her, Kira disappeared in a puff of smoke. No, tell me she didn't! Did Kira just try to do the summoning jutsu without signing a contract first!? Who knows were she could have ended up!

As I thought more about it, I realized that she probably popped up on Mount Myoboku or some other places like that. She should be fine. It was me I needed to worry about. How was I supposed to tell Sarutobi Sensei that I had lost the Kazekage's son's pet dog?

At least I would have some good news to go with it. 'Hey, that dog is not a danger, but I lost her. She's not in this realm anymore.' 

That's it, I'm going to be in serious trouble. Why don't I just wait until she comes back to give my report, then not mention it. Yup, I'm going to do that. I can use training Naruto as an excuse to report in late.