Chapter 42

When I woke up again, I was in the Suna hospital. The chairs around my bed were all full of sleeping people. Asura, Indra, Gaara, Sai, and his brother were laying halfway on my bed, while Naru was sprawled halfway on the floor, barely even in his chair anymore. Not wanting to wake them up, they all looked like they needed some sleep, I looked at the calendar across the room to see how long I had been out.

It was then, as I looked across the room, that I noticed that I had perfect vision again. I quickly reached my hand up, waving it in front of my left eye. I could see my hand! I gasped in shock, the sudden noise walking up most of the people in the room (Naru was too out of it).

"Kira, you're awake!" Gaara gasped, quickly getting up and hugging me.

"Yeah, I am. How come I can see out of my left eye, though? And how long have I been out?"

While Gaara pulled back and moved to sit next to me on the bed, Sai answered.

"You've been unconscious for a week. Everyone was worried. And, as for your eye ..." he trailed off, looking at my brothers.

I turned to look at them as well, already worried. What stupid thing did they do? And then I saw it. Indra had a milky white unseeing eye, specifically his left eye. I started crying. I had been perfectly fine with being unable to see in one eye. It was the price to pay for bringing everyone back to life, a burden I had chosen to take on. I didn't want my big brother to have to take responsibility for my choices.

Indra could tell what I was thinking, and decided to clear it up right then.

"Don't you try to blame yourself or feel sorry for me. This is my way to make up for all the deaths the feud I started with Asura caused. Either way, if I hadn't done it, someone else would. As soon as everyone heard that bringing back their loved ones cost you an eye, a crowd filling up all of Suna and much of the desert showed up to help you."

Life in the Hidden Villages slowly went back to normal, well, mostly. Everyone was at peace now, not worrying about if the other nations would attack them or not. Everyone I revived was absolved of any crimes they had been accused of while I was out, mostly because the Kages trusted me not to bring deranged murderers back from the dead.

My brothers, as well as Gaara's parents and Yashamaru, moved in with Temari, Kankuro, Gaara, and me. Because of the conversation they had had when he had been reanimated, Gaara and his father were on speaking terms with each other. They were still reserved and wary, especially Gaara, but it was a start.

Everyone spent the first few weeks after the war getting used to each other and getting visits from grateful shinobi. Many believed they would be intruding to thank me in person, and sent letters and gifts instead. Gaara and I had to add on a new room in the house just to put all the gifts in. But most of the people we had met before came to thank us in person.

The first to show up had been Naru and his parents. He had already thanked me after he woke up when I was in the hospital, but Minato and Kushina wanted to thank me in person, too.

I didn't know it at the time, but they had traveled back to Suna with the Uchihas, who had let Naruto and his family visit first, planning to go the next day. (Itachi and Shisui had overruled Sasuke, who just wanted everyone to go together. They thought that the previous Hokage and his family had the right to go first.)

It had been very awkward for me when the first thing they had done was bow and declare their sincere thanks.

"No, don't worry about it!" I exclaimed, waving my hands in front of my face. "You don't have to be so formal about it! I did it because I wanted to, not because I wanted recognition for it, so please, stop bowing!"

"All the same, we will give you the recognition you deserve for what you did for us. Naruto might not be a child any longer, but you gave us a second chance to be a family, and we thank you for it." Minato answered.

I decided the best way to get them to stop was to do something myself, so I walked forward and pulled Naru up. He was crying and muttering "Thank you, thank you" over and over again under his breath.

"Sh, it's ok. Remember, you are my friend. I know that, if you could have, you would've done the same for me. So, snap out of it and come meet my brothers. I know you'll at least get along with Asura, seeing as you are his reincarnation."

Minato and Kushina had stopped bowing while we were talking, and were smiling at the two of us. I turned to them while still hugging Naru.

"Minato, Kushina, you're more than welcome to come in as well. I was kinda hoping that, as a married woman, you could help plan my wedding, Kushina."

Gaara and I were just starting to plan for our wedding. Gaara's parents, Karura and Rasa, had already agreed to help, but Gaara and I wanted to get married by the end of next month, and would need as much help as we could to get everything done. We had agreed to be married like the people in the second world I lived in, but with traditional wedding clothes.

After we went inside, we planned out the basics. We decided to get married in Konoha. Most of our friends were there and we had agreed on an outside wedding, so Suna with its surprise sandstorms wasn't a very good choice.

Kushina would be my maid of honor, with Hinata and Temari as the bridesmaids. Indra, as the older brother, would take Dad's place in giving me away. Naruto would be his best man and also the ring bearer. Rasa, as Gaara's dad and the previous Kazekage, would take the place of the priest and marry us, as per Suna tradition.

We left off the rest of the planning for now, inviting them to return again the next day. They declined, saying that we already had some visitors, the Uchihas, who were planning on coming the next day. So, instead, we planned to meet up at the marketplace in two days to pick up clothes and flowers. As Gaara and I went to bed that night, I could only hope my visit with Sasuke, Itachi, and Shisui would go just as well.