Chapter 30

I blinked, startled. "Who are you? And why do people keep calling me that?"

She smiled at me. "People keep calling you that because it is your name. I should know; I gave it to you, after all."

"You're my mother! How is that possible, I'm not from here. I might not remember much of my past, but I know I had a different mother in my dimension. How could you be my mother as well?!"

"Well, my Little Dragon, I can't tell you too much. You'll find out the rest when you meet your father. I'll tell you what I can, though. You are originally from this dimension, where I gave birth to you many years ago. Time travels differently between dimensions, so I've been dead for over a hundred years."

"If that's true, how did I end up in the other dimension? Did my Mother there adopt me, then? This is all too confusing. Wait, over a hundred years?! How could you have been dead over a hundred years? Is it like Narnia?"

"I can't tell you how you came to be in that dimension, your father was there when it happened. And yes, in a way it is like Narnia. We had the stories here too. Many dimensions know each other's tales. Are you ready to hear what I have to tell you?"

"Yeah, sorry. I'm just so confused."

"I apologize, but it will have to stay that way until you meet your father. Anyway, I'm here to tell you about your kekkei genkai, you got it from me, after all."

She took a breath, seeming to ready herself for a long explanation.

"Kaida, you've already unlocked all the way to your 4th stage of your kekkei genkai."

"What!? How could that have happened? I only unlocked the second the last time I checked."

"Do you know what the second stage of your kekkei genkai looks like?"

"Yeah, it has a black circle with 6 tomes in it." 

"No, that's the third stage

"No, that's the third stage. You've had it since Gaara died. The tailed beast chakra you used right after seeing him dead healed the damage it should have done, so you never noticed. You dying just a little while ago trying to protect your friend unlocked the final stage of your kekkei genkai. Here, take a look."

She handed me a mirror, and I looked at my eyes in amazement. They were much more intricate and beautiful than any Mangekyo I've seen. (Pic at top)

"What do they do?"

"You can use them to copy any kekkei genkai, kekkei tota, or dojutsu. It also gave you a chakra boost so you can use them more often."

She stopped there, turning and hugging me. Then she started crying.

"It must have been hard for you, but I'm so proud of you for what you're doing in this world. You are truly trying to fix the mistakes of my generation and the ones they taught. Thank you so much for doing what I can't!"

A green light appeared around me, and I could feel myself getting weightless.

"Wait! Will I get back a little before everyone else? I have to try and save him! Nagato was just misguided!"

"I'm sorry, my child, but there are some things that must happen the way they were ment to. In sure that you can save someone, though."

I gasped. Konan! She was killed by Obito after Nagato died. I could still save her!

"Thank you for reminding me! At least I can save someone. I'm sure we'll meet again sometime."

"Hopefully not too soon. When you come back, I want to hear stories of little red headed grandchildren."

I blushed.

"Mooommm!" I whined, but then smiled at her. "I'll do my best."

Then, I disappeared in a flash of green. I woke up back in my body with a gasp. I sat up quickly after that. Sai walked over, checking to see if I was ok. I healed my wounds using a medical jutsu, then got Sai to help me stand up.

"Sai, there's something I have to do real quick. Would you mind making sure that no one follows me?"

When he nodded, I gave him a quick smile before growing out my wings and flying in the direction of the disintegrating tree. I pushed myself faster, and made it just in time to see Konan starting to walk off with Yahiko and Nagato's bodies.

"Wait!"

She stopped, and I landed next to her. She looked at my wings in wonder before she started talking.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"My name's Kira, and I'm trying to prevent your death. After you bury them, please head to the Land of Iron. There will be a 5 Kage Summit held there. I would like it very much if you would join the Sand."

"But Nagato has the Rinnegan! I have to protect it."

"And that, Konan, is how you die. You don't even succeed. HE takes them anyway after you die. So please, give them the funeral and burial they deserve, then come to the Summit. It would be a much better way to work toward Nagato's cause than by dying a pointless death!"

I could see that saying she would be a help to Nagato's cause was the right thing to do. Learning that her death didn't help anything changed her mind, thankfully. I hadn't known it that would really work.

"Alright. I'll head for the Land of Iron after I bury them. I don't think they would just let me in, though. Do you have a plan for that?"

"Sort of. I'll keep sending chakra, so glare yours once you get there. I'll head over and get you, then explain things afterward. On this case, I think it's better to act first, then ask for permission. Either way, I'll make sure you don't die."

"That's not at detailed a plan as I would like, but I guess it will have to do. I'm not going to flare my chakra around anyone else, though. I'll wait till I'm alone. If you don't show up in time I'll be forced to flee, so please do stay attentive."

"Dont worry. Besides, I have a feeling we're going to be good friends."

I shook her hand, placing a permanent hirraishin mark on her hand. It wouldn't come off unless I took it off her. Then, she left. I walked back with Naru, both of us holding each other up. When he didn't start talking, I guessed that something was wrong.

"What is it, Naru? Is there something bothering you?"

He was silent for a second, then answered. "They all saw, didn't they? Everyone who was still alive saw the Kyuubi take over. They all know what I am now."

"Yes, they do." I smiled. "They all know that you are the hero of Konoha. The one who saved everyone and managed to take back control when the Kyuubi took over. They'll see you for who you really are."

He looked at me, doubtful, but then we made it through the trees. Sai must have told everyone that I was getting Naru so they wouldn't come after me, because Kakashi never showed up to get him.

Naru's eyes widened in shock when he saw everyone cheering for him. I smiled as they through him into the air, chanting his name. Sai didn't join them, but came to check on me instead. He didn't quite know what to do in these kinds of situations.

When he saw that I was swaying on my feet, he put my arm over his shoulder and lead me toward the place where they were setting up hospital tents. As soon as I was in one, he helped me lay down on a mat. I was asleep before he came back with a medic.