Chapter 9

I flew down into the arena as Dosu jumped down into it. The proctor asked if either of us was against the fight, and we both shook our heads. I looked around, seeing one more Jonin watching the fight than there should have been.

 There wasn't a Hyuga Jonin in the episodes. Was he here to observe me? It would make sense with the recently discovered info. The Hokage would need to know if I was a threat. I paid attention to the fight again when Hayate yelled "Begin!"

Right away, Dosu shot a loud sound vibration toward me. I took off, flying out of the way. As long as I kept moving, he couldn't get a perfect hit on me. If he did, he would probably win. I needed to remember a wind jutsu from the show, maybe one of Temari's. If there was enough wind I might be able to redirect the sound back at him.

Dosu changed his strategy, sending out a wide range noise that I couldn't escape. It wasn't as strange as the direct MIT ones, but it still sent a ringing pain through my ears, making them bleed a little. If I got hit like that again, I might have to fight this battle without being able to hear. I had to try now.

I decided to try and create a tornado with my wings, like Temari does with her fan. I added a lot of chakra to them, so much that I felt the chakra leaving my feet and part of my legs. Then, I brought them down as hard as I could, sending all the air toward Dosu.

 I succeeded in making a small tornado, but it wouldn't last very long. This was only my first time doing the jutsu, so it was going to be weaker than Temari's.

Seeing that it was about to go out, I created a new one, this time stronger. The tornado mixed with my other one, creating one the same size Temari's usually were. As it headed toward Dosu, I had a brilliant idea. It would make the tornado stay longer and get revenge for what he did to Lee.

I switched the place I was gathering my chakra, moving it from my wings to my mouth. This needed to be the biggest fireball I made yet, otherwise Dosu wouldn't be knocked out. As soon as about half of my remaining chakra was gathered, I blew a huge fireball right in the middle of my tornado.

My aim was a bit off, most likely because of the ringing still in my ears, but it still hit the tornado, creating a moving ring of fire headed straight for Dosu. He stared at it in shock. Everyone always seems to react this way. I hate that they underestimate me, but it gives me a big advantage in battle.

Just when the ring of fire was about to hit him, he yelled "I give up! Stop the jutsu! I surrender!"

When the proctor saw that I couldn't stop it, he nodded to Kakashi, who put it out with a water dragon jutsu after his water ball jutsu didn't work.

"The winner of this match is Kira." Hayate said, raising his arm toward me.

Most of the people there stared at me in shock. I smirked at them, then flew over to Gaara, landing on his head. Then, some of the people I'd gotten to know started cheering.

"Yeah, I knew you could do it!" Naru yelled over everyone else. Well, by everyone I mean Sakura and Kiba. Shika was too lazy, and I didn't really know everyone else. Kankuro looked at me while I was with Gaara. He saw the blood still running out of my ears and spoke up about it.

"Hey, Gaara, Kira's hurt."

I looked at Kankuro in surprise. He usually avoids talking to Gaara. I guess he really did care about me. He must just be too scared to get on Gaara's bad side to hang out with me very often.

"I'll take her to the hospital." Gaara said, walking out. As we went, he took me off his head and held me in his arms. Now that we were alone, his eyes shone with worry.

"You need to be more careful. This is the second time you need to be treated in as many days."

"I'm working on it. It's not like I want to go to the hospital all the time, but sometimes pain is inevitable. As Captain America once said, 'If they hit you, hit 'em back.' And I definitely hit him back. I'll try to be more careful, though." I said, nodding.

He looked down at me, with worry still showing all over his face. We arrived in the animal wing of the onsite hospital, and Hanna took care of me again.

"What happened this time?" She asked.

"I went up against a sound ninja. It wasn't too hard, but I got hit by one of his sound attacks. My ears are still ringing."

"That won't take too long to heal up. Just give me a minute."

She put her hands on my ears, and I could feel her chakra entering the chakra system in my ears. They felt all warm and fuzzy, and then the ringing went away. She pulled her hands back, them checked me for other wounds.

"You're all ready to go. Don't come back anytime soon. I want you to take care of yourself."

"Thanks!" I told her before jumping back into Gaara's arms. He was acting all brooding and uncaring again.

When we came back, all the fights were over. Everyone drew a number, with the proctor drawing one for me. When the numbers were shown, almost everything was the same as it was supposed to be. 

The difference was that Temari and Shika were fighting first, while I would fight whoever won right afterwards. So, I'd probably be fighting Temari. I would need to practice my lightning jutsus in the month break.

The sand siblings and I left together, going back to the apartment we were living in for the rest of the test. Right away, Kankuro and Temari left to prepare. 

Gaara and I went onto the roof, watching as the sun went down. Sunsets in the Hidden Leaf were beautiful. The problem was, after the sun set the moon came up. It was getting closer to being full. We had a full moon on the way over, so Gaara's tailed beast taking over during the tournament was definitely going to happen.

As we sat there together, looking at the stars, I thought of what was going to happen, and what I could do to help. Anything I changed could make the future very different.

 Right now I know that most of the good guys survive. The only option I had was to try and help the Hokage fight Orochimaru. Gaara needed to learn his lesson from Naru, so I couldn't interfere there. Jiraiya shows up in time to kill the snakes. Kakashi and Guy, along with the rest of the Jonin and Anbu, take care of the Sand and Sound ninjas.

 Hayate is killed, but that's important later on in Shippuden. Well, it's only important in a filler. And only solves the problem it created to begin with. Ok, I could save him, then help the Hokage. That was all I could do. And, it's not like I could warn anyone. They wouldn't believe me, they had a hard enough time believing I was human.

I sighed. I wish there was more I could do. For now, I just watched the stars with Gaara. The night sky always looked so beautiful. I crawled into Gaara's lap when I started to get cold, and he hugged me, still watching the sky. 

Neither of us slept that night. Gaara because of Shukaku and probably also planning out his fight, and me because of the amount of drug induced sleep I got earlier and the thoughts running through my head. We just sat there together, comforted by each other's presence.

--------- Hokage POV--------

After the one on one battles, I summoned the Hyuga I had observe Kira. He came to my office, obviously shaken. He had hidden it well during the exams. What could possibly be going on with her chakra to have a Hyuga this shaken up?

"What is your report?" I asked.

"That is definitely not a dog. I'm not sure if she's a human, either. At first, I could see almost no chakra in her system. She seemed like an ordinary dog. But then, when she was getting ready to battle, her chakra came out full force. It seems to hide itself in her purple markings. In fact, her chakra is purple instead of blue or red. It's like it is a mixture of human and tailed beast chakra. She also has a lot of it, as much as a jinchuriki. "

That was not what I expected. Just what was this girl? "Anything else?"

"Yes. When she prepared to use higher level jutsus, she removed all the chakra from parts of her body without affecting her chakra system. At one point all the chakra was removed from her feet and legs, both of which were still fine afterwards. I talked to Hanna, who confirmed that her legs weren't injured at all, and her chakra system was still intact."

"Thank you. You can go."

Everything the man had just said should be impossible. Kira was a great mystery. One I hoped to be able to solve before anything happened to the Leaf or to her.