Chapter 38

---------------- A/N ------------------

Hey guys! My family is going to be traveling next weekend, so I'm most likely not going to be able to update. I'll try to make two updates the week after to make up for it, but I'm not making any promises. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Fangirl

----------------------------------------------------

Just like with the taijutsu fight before, Madara and I matched each other in our susanos kenjutsu skills. Both of us could see through each others attacks, so we pushed further. At this point, I could already notice myself starting to slow down from oncoming chakra exhaustion.

I still had a good bit left compared to the average shinobi, but it was much less than my body was used to having. I needed to do something surprising to distract him so I can retreat and regain chakra. I could also tell that I would be running out of sage mode chakra soon, so I really didn't have much time. Madara noticed as well.

"I see you're starting to slow down. That's too bad. It was just starting to get fun. However, I will acknowledge that, if I had been in my living body instead of a reanimation, I would have been hard pressed to beat you. As a reward, I will give you a quick death."

Even though I had resolved not to lose much chakra, this was unavoidable. I had to do everything I could to stay alive. I could see what was going on around me through my peripheral vision. My fight with Madara had delayed his fight with Hashirama, who was still helping the army try and beat Obito.

The Juubi had already gained enough chakra, and I could see Obito absorbing it and becoming the Juubi jinchuriki. This was bad. I was taking too long. I just needed to get away as quickly as I could and start saving up chakra. The Infinite Tsukinome would be ready and broadcasted all too soon, and I needed to be able to protect myself from it so I can have more time to restore my chakra reserves.

Then, suddenly, the world around me shifted. I felt a stabbing pain in my stomach and suddenly there was a sword in it. Genjutsu. All the practicing and preparing, and I hadn't thought to work on my genjutsu abilities. Most of the battle was done in real fights, so I didn't expect it.

I gathered up my chakra, turning into paper and moving away from my current location. I reformed only about a foot away, grabbing my stomach and falling to my knees. I looked up at Madara and saw him staring back at my, uncaring.

Then, he grabbed his head, grunting in pain. I took advantage if his momentary weakness do check my wound. I wouldn't die from it, my friends in my stomach were already working on healing it. I wouldn't be able to move very much for a while, though.

I let the Rinnegan fade, changing my eyes to Sasuke's mangekyo. He never really used kamui, so I should be fine in his place for a while. I retreated, fainting in the kamui world. I woke up in my head, staring to the tailed beasts.

"Good, you're awake. I'm going to call in Naruto. If you give him some of your chakra like we did, he can save the others while you gather your chakra." Kuruma said.

Sighing, I agreed. "Sure, why not. My plan is set back this much already, a little more won't hurt."

A second later, Naruto appeared in my mindscape. He was in front of me facing the others, so he didn't see me at first.

"Hey guys! Not that I don't want to see you, but can you hurry up and tell me what the problem is. Kuruma said it was an emergency, switched places with me, and then dropped me here."

"Well, that was rude of him. I can understand why you want to hurry, though. The war is still going on out there."

He turned around quickly, surprised.

"Kaida, what are you doing here? Only ... jinchuriki ... can ..."

He trailed off, looking confused and uncharacteristically serious. He looked around at the biju again before turning back to me.

"Which one are you the jinchuriki of? And why didn't you tell me? I'm a jinchuriki too, I would have understood."

I smiled at him. "Wait a second, and I'll explain. And i know you understand what it is to be a jinchuriki. I would have told you if things hadn't gotten so busy. I've been a jinchuriki since before I became a human again, and shortly after that everything started getting complicated. On top of that, there was also a lot going on behind the scenes that I tried to change. In the end, I was just too busy."

"I can understand that, but you still didn't answer which one."

"I am the jinchuriki of all the tailed beasts. When I saw Gaara dead and went on a rampage, that was the same time I became a jinchuriki. They sensed my pain and anger and came to help me. They wont tell me why, though. It's just like with the wolves, they just mumble something about my dad and tell me nothing."

Naruto laughed, giving me a thumbs up. "Dont worry about it. With how awesome you are, your dad must have seen a great person. Especially if all the tailed beasts listen to him."

I smiled back at him, nodding. Naru was back to his old self again. Good, I hated it when he was so serious. It really didn't suit him.

"Anyway, no one of that is why you're here. I'm going to hang back from the fight for a while and regain my chakra. The solo battle with Madara really took a lot out of me. Before that, though, I'm going to give you some of my chakra. Think of it as a backup in case you run low."

I held out my fist for a fist bump, transferring my chakra the same way the tailed beasts did. Naru's grin widened and he reached forward, bumping his fist with mine. I gave him half of the chakra I had left. It wasn't much, but it would be more than he had originally.

"Thanks, Kaida! Dont worry about anything on my end, I'll take care of it. Just rest up and regain your strength. Knowing you, you're going to be busy later."

"I'm leaving it to you, then. Show them what you're made of!"

He nodded, then disappeared as I settled into a deep sleep.