Chapter 5

A/n

The pic above is of Kira before she came to the Naruto world. Just imagine her with green eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up from my nap, everyone was in front of training ground 44, the Forest of Death. (I'm making the first and second test on the same day) I stretched in Gaara's arms and looked up at him.

"Hey, are you excited for the second part of the exams? I am. After we get to the tower I'm gonna go back and help Naruto and Sasuke fighting Orochimaru. I'll burn his pants at least."

"You must not have gotten a lot of sleep on our journey here, you keep taking naps all the time." Gaara answered, not understanding what I had said. "Do you want to skip this post of the exams? I don't want you to get hurt."

"No." I said as I shook my head. "I'd miss out on all the fun."

I looked around and see that Anko was handing out sheets of paper. Must be the 'If You Die It's Not My Fault' papers. I was surprised when Gaara came back with 4 papers instead of 3. He gave one of them to me, so I charred my paw print into it, burning the paper just enough so it would stay. Then, I gave it back to Gaara and waited for the round to start. 

As soon as it did, or group tan into the forest, with me sniffing out potential targets. It didn't take me very long to find the ninjas that Gaara attacked in the show. Those cocky jerks thought they were soo much better than us. They didn't even notice me until I flew onto Gaara's head.

"Oh, is that your dog?" The leader asked, mockingly. "It sure is weird looking. After I kill you guys and steal your scroll I'm going to have to put it down."

He was obviously trying to get Gaara to get angry enough to attack recklessly, but it didn't work. He didn't count on my being able to understand him. I stood up, my hackles raised, and growled at him.

"Kira," Gaara said, "why don't you take care off this one? He did insult you, after all."

"Do you really think that dog can understand you? What a wimp."

I was already charging at him before he could finish. As I flew through the air towards him, he did that thing with his umbrella and shoot poisoned spikes at me. I dodged them all, and Gaara's sand protected him from them as they were now going towards him.

 I reached the guy before he could throw anymore spikes. I bit into his neck, not enough to kill him, dug my claws into his arms and chest, and pumped electricity into him. It didn't take long for him to pass out, falling to the ground. 

I released my hold on him, and looked over at his companions, growing. They backed away slowly, terrified. One of them threw me their scroll, which I caught and brought back to Gaara before testing on his head again. I could feel Shukaku filling Gaara with his bloodlust again, as he had many times. Before I could stop him, Gaara killed one of the ninjas with his sand. 

Gaara was about to kill the other one when I jumped off his head and he had to catch me. He looked down at me, and a cocked my head at him, adding him to stop.

"Fine." He told me, before telling the last ninja to get out of here before he changes his mind. He ran off, leaving his unconscious partner behind. I nudged Gaara and, after he looked at me, pointed my head towards the tower, adding him, "Are you ready to go?"

"Come on, Temari, Kankuro. Let's go."

"Coming Gaara." They said at the same time.

Temari looked at me, frightened. She hadn't seen me attack anyone yet and didn't know what I could do. She still thought I was the harmless puppy she had found in the desert so long ago. Seeing that I had become an animal capable of incapacitating someone had shaken her up. I looked sadly at her as I flew with them towards the tower. I don't think she'll ever see me the same again.

We made it to the tower very quickly, and I wandered off before they could open the scrolls and summon Baki. The sensei didn't like me, and the feeling was mutual. He hated that I could control Gaara better than him but had to put up with me because the Kazekage ordered it.

The rest of the team came out soon. They didn't like Baki very much, either. Gaara and I got a room to ourselves, Temari and Kankuro didn't want to be near Gaara for too long, and I followed him everywhere. I got bored before long. Being a puppy meant that you couldn't do very much.

 I ran to the library, grabbed a book about explorers, and put it on Gaara's bed. He would get it. I'd done this kind of thing before, and no one but him would know what it meant.

I ran to the top of the tower and jumped off, spreading out my wings. I glided in circles around the arena until a huge gust of wind blew me back. Add soon as it was done, I flew where it came from, knowing that Orochimaru was close by.

----Hokage's POV----

Anko came into my office close to the end of the first day of the survival test. She had to bring in the papers that had been filed out by the kids taking the second part of the chunnin exams. Before I had a chance to look through them myself, Anko got my attention.

"Lord Hokage, you might want to have a look at this."

She handed me a filled-out application. It was the same as the others, except for the signature. This form was signed with a paw print that had been burned into the paper.

"That is the form that one of the Kazekage's children, Gaara, said his wolf pup signed. I have never heard of an animal that wasn't a summoning animal being able to do jutsus. Also, Neji Hyuga reported seeing it using a lightning jutsu during the 1st part of the exams to explode some of the windows."

"Send a message to the Hyuga clan. I want one of them to examine this puppy without being seen. Any findings are to be sent to me immediately."

This puppy was probably not a threat, but, on the off chance that it is, I need to keep an eye on it without alerting Danzo.