Chapter 44

Hey guys! Sorry for not getting a chapter out yesterday, but we had people coming over, so I was too busy to write. Here's one today instead.   Also, please remember to vote on who Kira's daughter should date and to comment name suggestions for her! I'll post a link to the poll in the chat at the bottom of the chapter.

Fangirl

--------------------------------------------

Before we knew it, it was the end of the month. Everything was prepared and everyone had arrived, so Gaara and I could finally get married. Sasuke was still in the Leaf, and arrived with his brother, cousin, and Sakura, who he had started dating during the preparations.

He wasn't the only one to show up with a date. Neji and Tenten arrived together, as well as Temari and Shikamaru. Sai and Ino weren't together yet, but I could tell that they liked each other and made plans accordingly. I knew that I was just forcing myself to think about my friends' love lives, though. I wasn't second guessing marrying Gaara, but I was nervous.

Kushina was very relaxed about it.

"Don't worry, every girl gets nervous before getting married. Even the most calm and relaxed person in the world is nervous when they get married. Just try to relax and focus on Gaara."

"Were you nervous when you married Minato?"

"Of course! I could barely walk down the aisle I was shaking so much. But, as soon as I saw Minato standing there waiting for me, I relaxed. The knowledge that he was there waiting for hyper silly me made me so happy that I forgot about the crowd and the future, thinking only about how happy both of us were. I'm sure it'll be the same for you."

I gave her a small smile in thanks, but didn't get a chance to really thank her before Indra came to get me. Because we were in a Sakura field, Kushina and I were just standing close to the decorated area.

"See you at the end of the aisle." Kushina said, before walking off in front of us.

Once everyone was in their place, Indra held out his arm for me.

"Let's go. My soon-to-be Brother in law is waiting for you."

I put my arm over his and let him lead me toward Gaara. As we walked through the crowd, I realized just how many people were there. Well over 500 people had shown up. This was much more than either Gaara or I had wanted, but it would have been more than rude to turn them away.

Fortunately, it seemed Kushina was right when it came to wedding jitters. When I did as she advised and focused only on Gaara, everything else seemed to fade into the background. I didn't forget the crowd, couldn't: it was too big, but it didn't seem important anymore. All that mattered were Gaara and me, everything after that would be ok, no matter what would happen.

Gaara seemed to be just as nervous as I was. I could see his sand weaving back and forth between his fingers, something he often did to help him both expend some chakra and calm down. Once I reached him and Indra gave me away, putting my hand in his, he seemed to calm down as well. He didn't take his eyes off me once, love and happiness radiating from him.

After that, everything seemed to be happening in fast forward. Rasa was talking, then we were giving our vows, and then, time seemed to freeze after we both said "I do." Gaara pulled me close and kissed me. I threw my arms around his neck, pulling him close as well, and we seemed to meld together for an eternal second.

Then, the crowd behind us burst out in cheers and applause, reminding us where we were. We pulled away from each other, blushing. It only took a second for people to take advantage of this. I was dragged away be a horde of women, al of whom wanted to congratulate me and compliment my beauty.

Temari eventually took pity on me, stealing me from them and bringing me back to Gaara. "It's almost time for the dancing to start, and the Husband and Wife need to dance together," she would tell anyone wanting to delay us. It worked, thankfully, and so I was with Gaara again.

Gaara and I stayed close together for the rest of the celebration, wanting to avoid being kidnapped be rabid guests. We still had fun, though. We ate and danced and were teased by our friends. That's not saying we didn't tease them back.

I also went through with my "Get Ino and Sai Together" plan. I pushed Ino into Sai, making her land on top of him on the floor. Just like I wanted, Ino, who was starting to get a little more than tipsy, took initiative and decided to kiss him. This, being the first time anyone ever kissed him, made him faint with a blush on his face.

After the festivities, when it started getting dark, everyone was surprised with a firework show. Kushina and Naruto had planned it out as an end of the celebrations gift. It was beautiful. The sky was full of reds, greens, and golds.

When it was over, everyone either started heading home or toward hotel rooms they had booked. Gaara and I headed for the nearby hot springs, where we had booked an out of the way building to spend the night. After we entered to room, Gaara and I stood there awkwardly for a long minute. Both of us had never gone farther then kissing, and weren't quite sure what to do.

Just like with the kiss so long ago, I could see that I'd have to take initiative. So, I buried the embarrassment and nervousness flowing through me, focusing only on Gaara and how much I loved him. I slowly reached for the ribbon around my waist that was keeping my wedding kimono together, before pulling on it and undoing the bow.

I could feel the dress loosening around my shoulders, the weight of it starting to pull it down off of me. I took a few steps forward, letting the kimono slip down some as I moved to stand in front of Gaara. I reached up a hand, putting it on his face. Being near him helped me stay relaxed and calm despite the worry running through my head.

"Gaara, don't worry so much. I love and trust you, and there is no one I'd rather be with than you."

I could see Gaara start relaxing, too. He was still nervous, and his sand was slowly swirling around us, but he didn't look like he was going to let that hold him down anymore.

He leaned forward, kissing me, but it was unlike any other kiss we'd shared up until now. This one was needy, loving, passionate. His hands roamed down my neck and over my shoulders, pushing my clothes the rest of the way off.

Gaara stopped for a second, seeming to second guess himself, but I just kept kissing him, pulling him closer and fiddling with his clothes tie. He renewed his efforts, reaching back to undo his clothes, too. Soon, we were both on the bed, accepting and loving every part of each other. It was an occurance that would repeat itself joyfully many times in our married life, but, for then, we savoured it like we'd never see tomorrow.