Chapter 4

When I woke up, Shikamaru was carrying me somewhere. I looked around and saw that the sun was already coming up, and we were leaving the Nara compound. Shikamaru must have brought me here to keep me safe while I slept.

 Oh no! I never went back to Gaara yesterday! I had to find him soon. The 1st part of the chunnin exams starts today.

 I jump out of Shikamaru's arms, yelling my thanks as I flew off towards the academy building. When I got there, Gaara was waiting outside for me. When I landed on his head, he took me off and held me in his arms. He didn't hug me; he had to keep up his tough facade.

"Where were you?," he asked me, whispering.

"I was visiting Shika and feel asleep." I told him, yawning. He took that as a sign that I had just woken up.

"So, you were sleeping, huh? Ready to go inside?"

I jumped out of his arms, wagged my tail, and nodded. We walked in together. We were some of the first people here. Gaara and I just walked past Izumo and Kotetsu, ignoring them. We went in the room, sitting next to a wall. I walked around the room, putting a bit of my chakra in random places. I decided to have a little fun at the sound ninjas expense.

I walked up to Kabuto, who I didn't like either, and snuck a tag on his arm when he reached down to pet me. Why did he pet me, anyway? Did he want to kidnap me too now? He's only nice to people he kidnaps or attacks later. 

Either way, helping one bad guy was worth annoying 3. My tag would reflect the sound back to the user, but it would only work once. I went back to Gaara, giggling. This was going to be funny. I watched as the rookie nine entered the room and Kabuto was attacked. In the end, both him and the sound nin were on the ground. I was laughing as this happened.

"Did you have anything to do with that?" Gaara asked me, looking like he might have laughed if we were alone.

"Of course. Wherever chaos is, I had my paws in it." I answered, nodding. "Both of them deserved it, anyway. They work for Orochimaru."

 If the people here understood me, they would be freaking out now, or Kabuto would have killed me. It's probably a good thing they can't.

The exams began, and I wandered around while Gaara answered his questions. I stopped by Kiba and Akamaru as I wandered, wishing them luck. Deciding to have some fun, I barked a small, unhearable bark which shot an invisible lightning bolt at some of the windows, making them explode. I ran up to Gaara and flew onto his head fast enough that the glass hadn't finished falling. 

With no one suspecting me, I watched the proctors get showered with bits of glass. I just sat on Gaara's head, giggling. There was one good thing about being a dog. No one thought I was capable of mass destruction. I could taunt pretty much anyone, and no one could do anything about it. To top that off, I was very fast. I don't think anyone could have seen me, except maybe Sasuke.

I looked over at him and saw him staring at me, then at the windows, then at me again. I grinned and nodded. When I looked around to see if anyone else noticed, I saw that Neji had also noticed. He was using his byakugan to copy answers off people when he saw what I was doing. He might have even seen the lightning. I hopped off Gaara's head and trotted over to him. He was watching me as I went.

"Hey! I'm Kira. I hope we can be friends, well, after Naruto gives you what for."

He had already finished his test and was waiting for the tenth question. "You are a strange dog. That sand ninja owns you. He has dangerous chakra. Your destiny is filled with suffering and pain."

I sighed, gave him a distasteful look, and left. In the beginning, Neji was a rude person who seemed to believe he knew everyone's destiny. Even when I was just watching him on tv, he annoyed me, but he was a lot more annoying in real life. I went back over to Gaara and layed down in his lap, falling asleep.

Naruto woke me up when he slammed his hands on the table and gave his dramatic speech about being Hokage. I yawned, stretching, and decided to try and keep Naruto quiet for Ibiki's explanation. I walked over to him, layed down in his lap, and tried to fall asleep. Before I could, I was woken up by Naruto AGAIN. This time, I zapped him. He stayed quiet from then on, and I managed to fall into a deep sleep, not even waking up when Anko showed up. It helped that she decided to jump in through one of my already busted windows.

------- Sasuke's POV (surprise!!) ------

That's obvious. The point of this is to cheat. As long as that idiot Naruto manages to answer one question right, we'll be fine. But, knowing him, he won't get any right, the idiot is ...

My inner dialog was disrupted when I noticed something strange. That weird dog of Gaara's was staring at the window. My Sharingan were still activated from copying of people, so I saw, but didn't hear, her barking or yawning in the direction of the windows. Immediately after, they shattered.

 My eyes still trained on the dog, I watched as she ran back to Gaara and say on his head at an impossible speed. She was running at fast as Lee! As I started at her, she looked over at me, too. Unable to believe what I just saw, I looked at her, then the windows, then her again a couple times. Surprising me once again, she grinned at me and nodded. She ran off again shortly after. I remembered what Kabuto had told us about her.

"Gaara's even been on an A-Rank mission and came back without a scratch."

"What about his pet wolf?" Kiba asked. Typical Inuzuka, asking about the dog.

"Actually, no one knows much about her. The only info I have is this: Her name is Kira and she is completely devoted to Gaara."

"How can a dog as nice as her be friends with such a jerk?" Naruto wondered.

"Not even the other sand village teams know. They are usually quick to spill info about their enemies, but they are too scared of Gaara to say anything. They are even scared of his dog, but it seems to be only because she belongs to Gaara. I've met her, and she seems friendly enough to me."

After that, they had stopped talking about Gaara and moved on. It seemed Kabuto was wrong. The other sand villagers could actually have been scared of the dog, too. She seemed to have some type of abnormal ability. I smirked as I continued filling in the test answers. This had just gotten a lot more interesting.