Chapter 43

------------------- A/N ---------------------

Hey guys! I will be finishing this book soon, probably in 5 chapters or less, and am planning on writing a sequel. It'll be about one of their daughters in the My Hero Academia -verse. I've put up a poll for who her boyfriend should be, and am hoping to get some name suggestions. If you want, I'll put some of those up for a vote as well. She will look like her father but have her mother's eyes. Here's a link to the boyfriend survey: https://www.quotev.com/quiz/11591124/Gaaras-Wolf-sequel 

Fangirl

-------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately for me, the meeting with the Uchihas was even more awkward than the ones with the Uzumaki-Namikazes. The Uchiha had a reputation for being stoic, which two out of the three were, but Shisui was like the Naruto of the Uchiha, but not half as hyper. Another part was that Shisui, while still solemn and grateful, insisted on called me Great Aunt Kira since I was the sister of his many times Great Grandfather.

They had also been a bit unhinged by me having one sharingan eye. None of them had been there for the surgery, and they had retreated to a safehouse after the battle in case someone tried to attack Itachi. My suddenly having the sharingan just threw them off. Sasuke had even stuttered when it was his turn to thank me, which they each did separately and in their own way.

Shisui had been the first person to thank me. Sasuke was too surprised by my sharingan to say anything at first and Itachi clearly still felt that he had deserved death (though I could already see how being around Sasuke and Shisui were helping him not think that anymore). I couldn't think too deeply into it, however, before Shisui threw me for a loop.

Like the Uzumakis, he bowed and spoke to me with gratitude and respect, but also tried to soothe the tension.

"Thank you for for going so far for myself and my family, Great Aunt Kira. If you didn't already have a new eye, I would have offered you one of mine."

I blinked, them stared at him in shock. What did he call me? Great Aunt? I guess it made sense, but it was strange to have someone about my age (it is guessed that Shisui was between 16 and 20 when he died, so I'm going with 19 so he's still pretty close to Itachi's age, and he's 20) call me Great Aunt.

I wasn't the only one staring. Sasuke and 'Tachi both lost their composure as well, clearly not expecting Shisui to address me as such. 'Tachi pulled himself together before nudging Sasuke. Shisui, who I still hadn't answered, stepped aside and let Sasuke take his place.

"T-thanks for giving me my Nii-san back. I'll never be able to repay you."

He didn't bow, but kept his head inclined. I was much more comfortable with this attitude, mostly because it seemed so ... Sasuke like? Itachi, however, seemed to think that that wasn't enough, and walked up beside him, putting his hand on his back before bowing and apologizing for Sasuke's lack of respect. At this, Sasuke bowed as well, making sure to bow lower than Itachi, to apologize with his brother.

"It's fine, Itachi, I wasn't insulted. It was sincere, and that's all that matters." I sighed.

At least Indra interupted before Itachi could take his turn thanking me. He had heard that the Uchihas had come, and wanted to apologize to his descendants for the life he had forced on them. Hopefully, after all this apologizing was out of the way, life could return to normal, but, for now, life would be immensely awkward.

I left the room, giving them some privacy. While I was out, I went to Karura and Rasa's room. We might have help with the clothes and decorations for the wedding, but we still needed to pick out the food and send messages to Konoha informing Hinata and Naruto of what they had to do in the wedding.

Kurara and I wrote out the letters and sent them before we started working on the wedding invitations. We didn't want a very big wedding, but much more people than the ones we invited would most likely turn up. It is a Kage's wedding, after all.

When we got about a fourth of the invitations done, I went back to check on how my brother and my nephews were doing. They seemed to be getting along ok, snacking on mostly dangos, though Sasuke had tomatoes. I stole one of Indra's sticks and sat down with them.

"Hey, do you guys want to come to my wedding?"

I knew that at least Itachi understood why I asked them in person. As the heir to the Uchiha family, he had been raised to know the subtleties of the noble clans, something I already had a basic grasp of just from living with the Kazekage.

By asking him in person, I was telling people that I acknowledge him as family and approve of him as suitable company. As the Kazekage's fiance, my approval would show everyone that Itachi is trustworthy, making it were they didn't have to worry as much about someone attacking Itachi. They would assume that there was something else behind the massacre, or that it had been someone else all along and Itachi had been wrongfully accused.

"We would be honored." Was his reply. Shisui also sent over a look of gratitude. I guess he also knew about this stuff.

After they left, I was back with Karura, writing out more invitations. Karura had convinced me to invite people she knew would turn up whether we invited them or not, like the other Kage and the Diamo of the Wind country. Fortunately, the I didn't hve to do this the next day.

Kushina had arrived to help pick out my dress and the wedding decorations. We went with Karura to get the wedding dress first. It was the part I looked forward to the most, but also the part they expected to take the longest. Karura had tried to make it take less time by looking through the selections of different shops before we went shopping.

She was very glad to find that it worked. I found the kimano I wanted in the first shop we entered. It was white, yellow, and green with a pink ribbon. It was beautiful, and Kushina said that the green brought out my eyes.

The decorations didn't take too long either. I honestly didn't want very many. Kushina had already found the perfect spot for us to get married. She had told Gaara and me about it before we had left to go shopping. It was an orchard of Sakura trees. I had always loved the beautiful pink trees, and Gaara had agreed that it sounded like a magical place for the wedding.

We mostly needed chairs and tables, all of which were going to be decorated with flowers from the Yamanaka family's flower shop. Ino and her dad were going to let us have them for free, even though I had tried to insist to pay. They wanted to thank me for stopping Shikaku and Inoichi's deaths, and refused any payment.

I was glad all the planning was going so well. It looked like Gaara and I might just have everything ready by the end of the month.