Chapter 1 Prologue

All rights reserved

COPYRIGHT: This story "Can Life be this Unfair?" including all chapters, prologues, epilogues, and associated content (i.e fanfics, teasers, content within blogs, and social networks) is copyrighted under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (Dawson Sasha) and any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, distribution, or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

Hey guys. This is the first story I uploaded on wattpad and it has been a while since I re-read this story and I noticed there was a lot of mistakes and I mean A LOT, sorry about that! Since this was the very first story I wrote it has a lot of mistakes but I am in the process of editing everything, so like I said, if you see mistakes sorry about that! Anyways enjoy reading :)

6 years ago

PROLOGUE

*******

Elizabeth P.O.V

I looked out the window as we slowed down on the road. I looked at a huge mansion which looked like it was at least 20 years old, surrounded by a tall fence and a garden full of slides and swings.

There was a lot of children playing outside and I noticed they all looked happy, smiling and laughing.

Today was a beautiful day, not too hot but not too cold either, it was perfect.

We stopped in front of the gates and two big looking scary guards let us inside. I still had no idea what we were doing here, we stopped in front of the mansion and I clutched my hands together feeling a bit scared, the mansion was a bit overwhelming.

Why had we stopped here?

My dad got out and opened my door "Get out" he growled.

I shook my head, I didnt like this place at all, I just had a really bad feeling! Had we really driven 2 days to get here? Couldn't my dad have come without me? Surely he was visiting a friend or someone, we didnt have any family, it was just me and him.

"Get out!" he ordered again and I shook my head with more force as a horrible feeling formed in my stomach.

He got an irritated look on his face and pulled me out of the car in just seconds, he slammed the car door as he held me by the arm, I flinched a bit as his fingers dug on my arm and he dragged me towards the front of the mansion quickly as if he were in a rush.

As we approached I saw a skinny woman on the front porch, she was probably in her mid thirties. Her black hair was pulled into a bun and her gray eyes were staring at us intently.

 She was smiling down at me but her smile was quite scary. Dad threw me against her once we halted in front of her, "Here! Take her already and get her out of my sight!" he said putiting a suitcase on the floor next to her.

I gulped, surely I had heard wrong right? "We'll take excellent care of her sir" the woman spoke.

She had a sweet voice but I shivered, "You can let her starve to death for all I care" dad replied looking at me hatefully.

"D-daddy" I whispered looking up to him, okay he wasnt in the best mood, but what did he mean? He glared at me back and looked at the woman again "Where do I sign so I can leave already?" he asked the woman impatiently.